New Dual Tuner OTA Adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well my 6 foot USB extension cable came and I now have my dual tuner outside of my open face cabinet and have not been having any issue of the total signal loss that I was experiencing when it was sitting just behind my hopper 3 in the cabinet. The tuner is warm yet but I am hoping it will now get more air movement for cooling. Fingers crossed!
Well I just went to try checking if all is working ok and went to my locals and got the dreaded signal had been lost and searching to regain signal. The same message for everyone of my local channels coming in OTA. I powered down my hopper and now all channels come in just fine. Grrrrrr!

Well I just went to try checking if all is working ok and went to my locals and got the dreaded signal had been lost and searching to regain signal. The same message for everyone of my local channels coming in OTA. I powered down my hopper and now all channels come in just fine. Grrrrrr!
The same thing happens to me from time to time with the single Pace tuner.

Reactions: pattykay
Has anyone purchased or obtained this dual-channel module directly from Dish? I was told that Dish doesn't support or approve of the Hauppage made tuner. There is no branding whatsoever on the module so you can't tell who made it.

Dish is taking no responsibility for it and has no plans to sell it to their customers.

Has anyone purchased or obtained this dual-channel module directly from Dish? I was told that Dish doesn't support or approve of the Hauppage made tuner. There is no branding whatsoever on the module so you can't tell who made it.

Dish is taking no responsibility for it and has no plans to sell it to their customers.

Nope. Got mine elsewhere. And it is clearly made by Hauppauge because those are the identifiying drivers when you plug it into a PC

Reactions: charlesrshell
Has Dish ever sold the module directly? All I remember is it only being available from Solid Signal (or was it Dish Depot?)

Obviously they support it as there has only been one supply chain and they provided drivers for it (and then later enabled two-tuner mode).

Has Dish ever sold the module directly? All I remember is it only being available from Solid Signal (or was it Dish Depot?)

Obviously they support it as there has only been one supply chain and they provided drivers for it (and then later enabled two-tuner mode).
I got mine from the Dish Depot, so I would think that Dish supports the device in some manner. After all, why would they include its functionality in their UI if they don't/won't support it?

I know I called Dish about it and they said they could not comments on products they don't sell directly and had no information on when they would even have the item. I wish Dish did sell it directly only because all the current retailers are marking it up at least $10 over Dish's MSRP.

Reactions: pattykay
We get our's from our official DISH distributor and they are getting them from DISH.
It's still odd that Dish isn't selling them direct to end-users like they did with the previous version. Then again, maybe they simply changed their sales model for these and treat like dishes, LNBs, etc.

It's still odd that Dish isn't selling them direct to end-users like they did with the previous version. Then again, maybe they simply changed their sales model for these and treat like dishes, LNBs, etc.

That could be. Or maybe they just haven't gotten around to it yet. :)

Or maybe they just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I did speculate that they weren't selling them at least until they released the dual-tuner s/w update and maybe they'll start selling them. No need to suddenly do that the same day that the s/w is pushed either.

My dual module stopped working with the latest update. The odd thing is that no one seems to have been affected besides me. The power to the module keeps shutting off.

So the other day I went on Amazon and searched for dish single OTA tuner. One popped up so I ordered it. My thoughts were if using a USB extension didn't solve my dual tuner ota issue with losing total signal and having to reboot the hopper than I was gonna just go back to a single OTA tuner(I had already sold my original single on eBay). The box arrived and what I got wasn't a single tuner but a new dual ota tuner in dish packaging. I didn't remember my first one coming in dish packaging. So at first I was a little upset that Amazon shows a picture of the old single tuner and what I got was a dual. Than I thought why not just try this new dual tuner out. I hooked it up powered down the hopper. It took a little longer than usual to boot up. Well the new one is working just fine. Maybe I had a faulty one? Maybe heat damaged it? I don't know but it's been running since 3 this afternoon and haven't had any channel drop out or had to do any reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)