New Dual Tuner OTA Adapter

1500144453451.jpeg

This is the dual tuner that was sent to me through amazon and it is working great with my hopper 3.

Perhaps Dish hurried an initial batch out the door (sans pretty retail packaging) as quick as possible to meet the needs, given that the original adapter was out of stock, no longer produced, and price-gouging in full effect. Once that initial batch was out to help with immediate demand, they bought a little more time to finalize packaging and prep for a real release once software was out to enable the second tuner, hence the nice packaging from a more recent delivery as seen a few posts before this one.

Perhaps Dish hurried an initial batch out the door (sans pretty retail packaging) as quick as possible to meet the needs, given that the original adapter was out of stock, no longer produced, and price-gouging in full effect. Once that initial batch was out to help with immediate demand, they bought a little more time to finalize packaging and prep for a real release once software was out to enable the second tuner, hence the nice packaging from a more recent delivery as seen a few posts before this one.

Seems plausible but... That nice packaging doesn't even mention that it's a dual-tuner!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I notice that it says "Dish approved" which looks like something a 3rd party would use on an item that has rec'd an "okay" from another party. Yet the hanger tab and the main part of the box have big, ole Dish logos, clearly indicating it's from them.

hardware wise, is the single a better option than the dual ??
debating one for a backup to service, i have my locals through dish. Is the PQ better on ota vs locals ??
thanks much guys !!

hardware wise, is the single a better option than the dual ??
debating one for a backup to service, i have my locals through dish. Is the PQ better on ota vs locals ??
thanks much guys !!

Many people have reported that the old single tuner runs cooler than the dual. Single tuners are hard to find. Check Ebay.

Picture quality will depend on the source. In my area, a CBS affiliate broadcasts in 1080i, 17mbps, and the picture quality is superb.

Reactions: JS_racer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)