New EA dish install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zaxcom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Yesterday Dish came out and took down my 1000+ with 500 wing and replaced it with a 1000.4 and put me on EA.

I was looking at my levels last night, and i am not sure if I have a problem or not. My signals on 72.7 are great, in the 60's, and the spot beam for my locals on 61.5 is close to 80, but all of the conus signals on 61.5 are down around 40. This is much lower than when I just had a 500 pointing at 61.5.

Is that the nature of this dish, or is my alignment way off.

40 is pretty low...should be in the 50's

you can try and tweak the dish a little bit to bring up those numbers but then you might hinder the other sat (I exempt 77 from the conversation unless your locals are on there) ;)

I called dish to see about a re-align and they transferred me to someone in the department that deals with installation problems. He said he would be glad to come out and realign the dish, but said I really should not bother as all HD content on 61.5 is going to move to 72.7 in the next 30 days, and the only thing that would be left on 61.5 for me is my locals and they do have a good signal.

He said its up to me, that I have 60 days to have them come back for free.

Sounds fair, if its true?

If it is true, you are better off to leave it as making the signal better on 61.5 will probably weaken it on 72.

DISH sent a tech to my house today. He showed up at 8am just as promised. He went back up and re-aligned the dish. He did an amazing job. He brought the levels up on 61.5 by 10-15 points and the levels on 72.7 by about 5 points. Took him all of 30 minutes.
Great Job.

i heard some saying its better to find 61.5 first and get a good signal and then play with the skew to adjust the 72 and 77 ( while covering 72 and 77 with a tin foil on the LNB's ) not sure if that's tru tho

I called dish to see about a re-align and they transferred me to someone in the department that deals with installation problems. He said he would be glad to come out and realign the dish, but said I really should not bother as all HD content on 61.5 is going to move to 72.7 in the next 30 days, and the only thing that would be left on 61.5 for me is my locals and they do have a good signal.

He said its up to me, that I have 60 days to have them come back for free.

Sounds fair, if its true?

If true, this will be awesome for those that tailgate with Dish 500s.

Thought I would post my new numbers

tp 11 80
tp 20 48
tp 22 52
tp 25 53

tp 01 54
tp 11 51
tp 17 55

tp 1 50
tp 12 44
tp21 51

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts