Prepaid dish question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aeolia

Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
florida
My wife demands tv in our Maine cabin - or she won't stay for more than a week.
What options are available to keep her happy for 6 weeks - without paying for an entire year? Thanks much, Aeolia

If you have Dish you could move it to Maine while you are on vacation. Just do not connect the receiver to a phone or internet line while you are there. Then take it back home with you. You will have to install a dish though if there is not one there now.

My wife demands tv in our Maine cabin - or she won't stay for more than a week.
What options are available to keep her happy for 6 weeks - without paying for an entire year? Thanks much, Aeolia

Divorce her, and find yourself a wonderful beautiful BMW
(Big Maine Woman)

*What is the difference between a woman from maine and a moose?
About 10 pounds and a flannel shirt

Ask DISH about a 'snowbird' account. They set up a home location, then when you go to the vacation spot you take your receiver and call them up and have them re-assign the locals. They vice-versa when you get home. You will either have to install a dish or have a dish installed by a retailer at the Maine location. I do not believe there is a cost incurred with this type of account.

Thanks for your help - BBW's are called "Clydesdales in bikinis" in Maine.
I have Comcast in FL - so can't take a receiver up. I will try the vacation account -
Wish there was still a prepay dish as Radio Shack had two years ago.
Aeolia

Last edited:
aeolia,

You could always go old school and mount an antenna on the roof. That should give you the networks. If you have DSL at the cabin there are many ways to view shows online.

Maybe, do nothing and enjoy the peace and quiet of the cabin for 5 weeks, without the wife.

Dallas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts