New EPG Info data - strange

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I read some press release that Nielsen was somehow revamping Gracenote to expand the metadata and cabailities (the TV and Movie metadata, anyway), etc., etc. Maybe that is what we are experienceing as I have recently seen the return of the Gracenote copyright notice that had been missing for many days.

Reactions: TheKrell
I read some press release that Nielsen was somehow revamping Gracenote to expand the metadata and cabailities (the TV and Movie metadata, anyway), etc., etc. Maybe that is what we are experienceing as I have recently seen the return of the Gracenote copyright notice that had been missing for many days.

Have not seen the copyright notice on my HWS. Where do you find it?

For what it's worth, I posted this in a new post today. It was suggested that it applied here:

Been having a number of strange things in my program guide and DVR schedule (VIP612 DVR).

I have found 3 occurrences so far of cases where the series episode number 1 is duplicated. This affects the ability to schedule recordings. In each case, I have scheduled to record all new episodes, there is no indicator in the program guide nor does it show in my schedule.

In all cases, all occurrences appear if you do a search on the program name. As I compose this post, I notice all are some form of NBC affiliate

The ones that I have found so far:

M 3/6 The Taken (NBC)

W 3/9 The Deed (CNBC)

Th 3/9 The Blacklist: Redemption (NBC)

Check Chicago justice on 3/5. It shows episode one and it is episode two.

I have to go through the guide for every night to make sure what I want recorded is marked to record.

New Survivor starts in 3/8, but my timer for "Survivor" would not record that show even though that timer has always worked before.

Check Chicago justice on 3/5. It shows episode one and it is episode two.

I have to go through the guide for every night to make sure what I want recorded is marked to record.

New Survivor starts in 3/8, but my timer for "Survivor" would not record that show even though that timer has always worked before.

Do you have to setup a new timer? They don't show up on my existing timers.

Have not seen the copyright notice on my HWS. Where do you find it?
It was where it always was. However, it seems that some do NOT see the Grancenote copyright and others do. I, too, have HWS's. I had NOT seen the Grancenote copyright for several days until about 4 days ago. The Info I am gettings all seems to have the Gracenote copyright and while some of the wording is diffrent, it is NOT like Rovi wording days earlier (like a review/critique), but seems to be concise and straigtforward, objective as before with no subjectivity.

Bistro MA I made a new timer for the episodes that were not showing they would record. I have two timers for Chicago Justice, two for Blacklist redemption, one for just Survivor and one for the new survivor.

Now both my DISH guide and my TIVO guide (Both Rovi) are showing dates instead of descriptions for two shows, People's Court and Family Guy.

Positive note!
There is now a symbol in the guide that indicates if the program is blacked out in my area. I don't have to go to the channel and then be presented with the dreaded blacked-out message box.

Or has that symbol always been there and I just haven't been paying attention?

Reactions: pattykay
Interesting that during the BLACKOUTs , programs with the black out notices will record multiple times even though they have same TILTLE , same EPISODE: N/N and same YEAR: N/A . Come on DISH get the EPG problem fixed . I spend more time checking that the proper programs records than I do watching them !!!

Dish has apparently moved to Rovi for the guide asnd is now having the same issues seen by TiVo owners. Check the TiVo community forum if you want to see how bad it's getting.

Another thing, although this is minor, is the HD RSN's are all going off-air at different times each day. It used to be that the HD RSN's would all go off-air at 3am ET, 2am CT, regardless of if the show is over or not. (there were the occassional game replays that would go to conclusion beyond that time) And there would be just one big long "off-air" program overnight. Now, the Off-Air blocks on the HD RSN channel are identical to the program length on the SD RSN. And the negatives is that if the show goes past 2am CT, the entire show is "off-air". So last night, since a show started at 2am CT, the 1:30am CT show was in HD. But tonight, the show goes from 1am CT-3am CT, so the HD RSN is now offline at 1am CT. So although minor, it used to be each HD RSN was online for 16 hours and off for 8 hours, now it is all over the place.

Another thing, although this is minor, is the HD RSN's are all going off-air at different times each day. It used to be that the HD RSN's would all go off-air at 3am ET, 2am CT, regardless of if the show is over or not. (there were the occassional game replays that would go to conclusion beyond that time) And there would be just one big long "off-air" program overnight. Now, the Off-Air blocks on the HD RSN channel are identical to the program length on the SD RSN. And the negatives is that if the show goes past 2am CT, the entire show is "off-air". So last night, since a show started at 2am CT, the 1:30am CT show was in HD. But tonight, the show goes from 1am CT-3am CT, so the HD RSN is now offline at 1am CT. So although minor, it used to be each HD RSN was online for 16 hours and off for 8 hours, now it is all over the place.
This is the reverse of what Dish does with premium movie channel free previews. The cutoff is also 3 AM, but in that case, you get the entire show for any movie that starts before 3 AM, no matter how long past 3 AM the movie runs. So, if a three-hour movie starts at 2:55 AM, it basically extends the preview for that channel by three hours. Perhaps Dish should start using the same rules for the HD RSNs, if they aren't going to start leaving them on 24/7, especially since the HD RSNs are channels that viewers are paying for, unlike the free previews.

Reactions: zippyfrog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts