New Equipment Fees & Lease Fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
I think I know the answer but I would like to get confirmation for the experts here.

For years (10 year customer) I've always purchased and owned all of my own equipment because I couldn't see paying Dish $$$ up front for the honor of leasing their newer receiver models. That changed when I got the 622 because I was offered a 622 for free (12 month contract) and only paid a lease fee which I ended up not having to paying because they classified it as my primary receiver. I did, on the other hand, have to pay receiver fees on my owned 211 and 222.

To avoid the additional $7 a month equipment fee on the 222 (TV2 isn't connected to anything), I think I'll sell the 222 and get a 211k.

My question is if I get it from Dish (lease it), do I get charged a lease fee & receiver fee or just a lease fee? For those of us that have leased 622/722's as our primary receiver, are they going to start charging a lease fee?

technically there are no lease fees, they call them additional receiver fees. but not to split hairs and answer your question....yes, you will have to pay additional receiver fees regardless of where the boxes came from

There were always lease or receiver fees and they were both the same. There was never an advantage to owning or leasing unless you take 2 year contracts into the equation....

There never has been any advantage to owning over leasing, except that at the disconnection of the equipment leased equipment had to be returned to DISH. Owned equipment could be sold if there was any residual value left in it. Usually it was so old that it couldn't be sold for much.

Disclaimer! This is not my pricing sheet, but rather what Scott has posted from multiple sources, the last and most important/real, being the retailer chat.

Programming
Programming packages will be going back to the old way of naming packages. Out with the metals, in with Top 120, 200, 250.

DishFAMILY will be $24.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 will be $39.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 PLUS will be $44.99 with locals included
America’s Top 200 will be $52.99 with locals included
America’s Top 250 will be $62.99 with locals included
AEP with locals: $99.99

Turbo HD customers will see NO increases either.

"DVR Advantage" packages will go away. Use the guide here to figure out your bill.

Seems pretty basic.

Now the "hard part"
Hardware
1. Determine what receiver models you have, and quantity.

If you only have 1 receiver, the price is included in your basic programming backage price, no matter what model it is
If you have more than 1 box, one receiver will be included in your programming package (most expensive will be free, may need to talk to CSR to re-order your receivers on your account). The additional receivers cost the corresponding amount, per receiver, per month.

Solo (301, 311, 381, 501, 508) $7
HD Solo (211, 211k, 411) $7
Solo DVR (510, 512) $10
HD Solo DVR (612) $10

Duo (322) $14
HD Duo (222, 222k) $14
Duo DVR (522, 625) $17
HD Duo DVR (622, 622HZ, 722, 722k) $17

You pay this price per month regardless of it you own or lease from Dish.

2. Do you have a DVR (or any number from 1- infinity DVRs on your account)?

If yes, add $6 to your account.
If no, do not add $6
No matter how many DVR's you have, its just one $6 fee PER ACCOUNT, NOT PER DVR!

3. Do you have any or all of your receivers plugged in to a phone line or ethernet?

It doesn't matter, you will not see any charge relating to phone line or internet plug in.
If currently being charge $5 per month for this, you can cross that off your bill come Feb 1.
If currently plugged in, you will NOT see a $5 line item added Feb 1

[SIDEBAR]
Just for the record, everyone crying about getting $5 added to their bill come Feb 1, this is not entirely true. It was never a $5 credit to your bill, you just avoided a $5 charge. I do not have home phone service, so I used to pay $5 per month EXTRA. YOU DID NOT GET A $5 CREDIT (INDICATED BY A -$5.00, on your bill before!) Now Dish may be lumping that $5 into the fee for each additional receiver, and the business ethics of this may be argued, you will not see a $5 line item increase!
[SIDEBAR OFF]

DHPP, premiums, HD access + platinum, etc
No change in monthly rate here.
DHPP $5.99
HD + platinum: $10
Premiums, still the same

(edit) Don't forget to add your tax!

Add it all up and see what you get. Thats your new bill

Its pretty basic math, hopefully this little thought process will help people figure it out on their own...

This is just to help you figure out your costs, and to try and get all the info into one post! I dont care what you think about the new pricing stucture. My bill will actually go down $2 per month, with 2 722's

John

johnpas73, Can you explian how your bill goes down by $2?
I have AEP,a 722 and a 622, my bill will go up as far as I can see.
Dan

Disclaimer! This is not my pricing sheet, but rather what Scott has posted from multiple sources, the last and most important/real, being the retailer chat.

Programming
Programming packages will be going back to the old way of naming packages. Out with the metals, in with Top 120, 200, 250.

DishFAMILY will be $24.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 will be $39.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 PLUS will be $44.99 with locals included
America’s Top 200 will be $52.99 with locals included
America’s Top 250 will be $62.99 with locals included
AEP with locals: $99.99

Turbo HD customers will see NO increases either.

"DVR Advantage" packages will go away. Use the guide here to figure out your bill.

Seems pretty basic.

Now the "hard part"
Hardware
1. Determine what receiver models you have, and quantity.

If you only have 1 receiver, the price is included in your basic programming backage price, no matter what model it is
If you have more than 1 box, one receiver will be included in your programming package (most expensive will be free, may need to talk to CSR to re-order your receivers on your account). The additional receivers cost the corresponding amount, per receiver, per month.

Solo (301, 311, 381, 501, 508) $7
HD Solo (211, 211k, 411) $7
Solo DVR (510, 512) $10
HD Solo DVR (612) $10

Duo (322) $14
HD Duo (222, 222k) $14
Duo DVR (522, 625) $17
HD Duo DVR (622, 622HZ, 722, 722k) $17

You pay this price per month regardless of it you own or lease from Dish.

2. Do you have a DVR (or any number from 1- infinity DVRs on your account)?

If yes, add $6 to your account.
If no, do not add $6
No matter how many DVR's you have, its just one $6 fee PER ACCOUNT, NOT PER DVR!

3. Do you have any or all of your receivers plugged in to a phone line or ethernet?

It doesn't matter, you will not see any charge relating to phone line or internet plug in.
If currently being charge $5 per month for this, you can cross that off your bill come Feb 1.
If currently plugged in, you will NOT see a $5 line item added Feb 1

[SIDEBAR]
Just for the record, everyone crying about getting $5 added to their bill come Feb 1, this is not entirely true. It was never a $5 credit to your bill, you just avoided a $5 charge. I do not have home phone service, so I used to pay $5 per month EXTRA. YOU DID NOT GET A $5 CREDIT (INDICATED BY A -$5.00, on your bill before!) Now Dish may be lumping that $5 into the fee for each additional receiver, and the business ethics of this may be argued, you will not see a $5 line item increase!
[SIDEBAR OFF]

DHPP, premiums, HD access + platinum, etc
No change in monthly rate here.
DHPP $5.99
HD + platinum: $10
Premiums, still the same

(edit) Don't forget to add your tax!

Add it all up and see what you get. Thats your new bill

Its pretty basic math, hopefully this little thought process will help people figure it out on their own...

This is just to help you figure out your costs, and to try and get all the info into one post! I dont care what you think about the new pricing stucture. My bill will actually go down $2 per month, with 2 722's

John

Very nice post. This should be accessible as a sticky.

Even better, we now have people cutting and pasting the same responses and information in more than one of them....

I say we try for an even 10. Is this #4 or #5. I am losing count.

the cut and pasted fee list is a good thing i hope they keep it up.

It got hard to find the info buried in all the questions

Dan

johnpas73 is right basing the fact that none of his receivers are connected to a phone or ethernet and he is on aep.

Ok so i did d math on of the receivers and package i have and i came up with $133. Thats for 2 612hd dvr, 2 301 solo, 2 322, add dish latino max and hbo package...im hoping i did this right.

Dan

Had it wrong, transposed some $.99 in my mental math.
Bill will go down 96 cents :cool:

Current bill
34.99 Absolute w/locals
22 HBO/Starz
11.96 2 DVR fee
5.99 DHPP
5.00 Connect TV2 to telephone
7.00 DHA leased receiver

86.94 + taxes

New bill
34.99 Absolute w/locals
6.00 DVR fee
17.00 Vip622
22.00 HBO/Starz
5.99 DHPP

85.98 + taxes

But all thisbusiness about calculating bills made me realize how wasteful it has been.
Dropping HBO/Starz and DHPP, and possibly downgrading to a 211 in the bedroom will bring the bill down to $48 + taxes. Hard to justify all that extra money.
This effect may be what hurts Dish even more, is not people downgrading to avoid the higher prices, but evaluating what they are spending and spending less.

OK, i said in another post that somebody should make spreadsheet or webpage that can figure this out for everyone. nobody did so i went ahead and made one. i may not have everythign in there correctly but between the 150,000 we have here i bet it can be corrected. the thing i really had trouble with was whether if you had an at/wDVR did you still get the 6 buck dvr fee as well. so if you have AT250/wDVR or a pack like it, your bill might be 6 bucks +/- so YMMV. hope this helps everyone. it is in a zip file, with an openoffice spreadsheet and an excell spreadsheet. not sure if the excell one works correctly cause i don't have excell just can save it as an .xls file with openoffice.

if it works, great, if it doesn't, oh well i tried.

Attachments

• FEES.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 272
I tried my hardest to eliminate the confusion. I really did. I wrote a well thought post that delivers ALL the information we have. I posted it in 3 threads so far, but it still has not been read.

You are making this much more complicated than it is with excel spread sheets and webpages.

Follow along here. Get a piece of paper and a pencil. Those still exist, right? Write the following information down from the top to the bottom of the page in this order:
1. Your programming package
2. Equipment. This may be more than 1 line on the paper. You need model numbers
3. DVR yes or no
4. Premiums, yes or no
5. HD, yes or no
6. DHPP yes or no

Then go to my above post with the new prices of equipment and packages. Fill in as appropriate. Not sure on the prices of all the premium packages available, so sorry you may have to look at old bills for that info.
THEN IT GETS HARD...ADD IT ALL UP. That's your new monthly bill

THERE IS NO MORE DVR advantage package!!!
SAY IT WITH ME!

Paper and pencil are still useful. Hell, engineers at NASA did most of the calculations of how to send people to the moon with paper, a pencil, and a slide rule.

Even better, we now have people cutting and pasting the same responses and information in more than one of them....

I say we try for an even 10. Is this #4 or #5. I am losing count.

OR

How many of these threads are we going to open?

OR

repetitive threads.....

...just as i thought, repetitive threads are the least annoying, no disrespect intended

I tried my hardest to eliminate the confusion. I really did. I wrote a well thought post that delivers ALL the information we have. I posted it in 3 threads so far, but it still has not been read.

You are making this much more complicated than it is with excel spread sheets and webpages.

Follow along here. Get a piece of paper and a pencil. Those still exist, right? Write the following information down from the top to the bottom of the page in this order:
1. Your programming package
2. Equipment. This may be more than 1 line on the paper. You need model numbers
3. DVR yes or no
4. Premiums, yes or no
5. HD, yes or no
6. DHPP yes or no

Then go to my above post with the new prices of equipment and packages. Fill in as appropriate. Not sure on the prices of all the premium packages available, so sorry you may have to look at old bills for that info.
THEN IT GETS HARD...ADD IT ALL UP. That's your new monthly bill

THERE IS NO MORE DVR advantage package!!!
SAY IT WITH ME!

Paper and pencil are still useful. Hell, engineers at NASA did most of the calculations of how to send people to the moon with paper, a pencil, and a slide rule.

:D:up:up

so do you think the price increase will stick as is? or sometime soon they will rescind the change because of churn and a sales drop:)

Personally I hope for enough churn they drop under 13 million, so we can watch them celebrate it again.

ME today IO go look at FIOS tv. provided my sore knee lets me tripped and fell last night........

will also go check out direct tv, and probably run into some E salesmen, I can have fun with them and demoralize them all at the same time:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)