new ESPN channels launching-will dish get them?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bela_blasko2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Bartlesville, OK
I read that ESPN has new channels Goal Line (for NCAA football) and Buzzer Beater (for NCAA basketball) launching this season. Both of these are similar to NFL Red Zone in that they will have highlights and live look-ins. The Goal Line will air only once a week (saturday). Time Warner got these when they renewed their deal with Disney and both will be on the sports tier pack. Any word on if dish is working on getting these thrown in during their negotiations?

No, Disney and Dish are in a contract dispute. Disney has already pulled ABC Family HD and Disney HD from the Dish lineup.

I don't know why ESPN needs two new channels right now anyways. Both ESPNews and ESPN Classic are struggling in viewership. Why not throw that programming that will be on ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater onto the two that are hurting? Seems to make more sense.

I don't know why ESPN needs two new channels right now anyways. Both ESPNews and ESPN Classic are struggling in viewership. Why not throw that programming that will be on ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater onto the two that are hurting? Seems to make more sense.

One would think that would be the case, but it's likely not. Disney will probably put these into their ESPN pack and if you want ESPN you'll have to pay us for these as well.

The two channels mentioned in the first post will not be on DISH or any other service except for Time Warner, those channels are exclusive to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts