New Expressvu 6120 HDTV

DCXFORDGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
This is the north of the border 811, I ordered one 2 days ago and will be using a dish superdish for a stronger signal/will post pics soon. It replaces the 6000 and I might ad is not as flaky as the 811 maybe because bell uses it's own software.

Attachments

• expressvu 6100.jpg
    expressvu 6100.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 249
No I not changing the software to pick up dish, I am a sub to expressvu, I wanted to use a superdish. I picked one up with lnbs for 160.00 cash can. I think that bell's software is more stable.

DCXFORDGM, did you order through an address broker or were you able to get one from Bell. My address broker canam acts like they haven't been released from BEV yet,they are saying "maybe July/August , maybe. although we know they have. I will be getting one once they are available.
Please keep us informed if the 6100 is more stable then the 811. My 3100 has never had a problem.

Yeah that is what I was going to say, I dove to a bell world and ordered one but your contact is correct to some degree because wright now they are only at bell world's not at bestbuy or futureshops which are bell big sellers. They had one in the store on display hooked up and working with a new big sony lcd and the picture, holy sh*t wow. I have the a superdish already and hope to have the 6100 in a few days, bell has them delivered because I am doing my own install and with a complete review with alot of pictures. Bells software is alot better and completely stable to a degree, I have no idea that dish can get away with what they do to there 811 and 921 customers.

I got one of these units over 3 weeks ago, as soon as they advertised it I ordered one through Bell direct sales and got one sent to my house within 7 days of purchase. I am using DVI plus rca for connections. The software is running @ E470. When viewing normal SD its dark, when viewing HD its dark and guess what when there is a dark scene its really dark.

Other things I have noticed:

sound gone had to unplug overnight.
black screen when switching out to commercials when viewing HD
pressing the guide button shuts off IRD the odd time.
turning on IRD get downloading software guide
depending on HD signal source picture is not centered on screen when trying to adjust picture goes out of sync. could be issue with DVI not IRD

Personally when comparing to my 6000, 6100 is to0 dark period I phoned up tech support and they told me to turn up the contrast I told the f#c% if there is a setting past 100 to come over and set it up for me. Anyway I'm not impressed one bit, not one bit. They said they would send me a new 6100 to fix the problem but doubt that very much.

The bell world I ordered it from at markville in markham ontario it but it still has not shown up, yeah it's been awhile. I called bell and was informed that I would have 2 months no charge programming and that I would have on in my hands no later then the end of july. I have been informed that these units have been in very short supply, very short. I am sorry to hear about your problems with your unit, bell most likely will exchange it for you without even thinking about it, give'em a call and switch it.

nastyb_o_y said:
I got one of these units over 3 weeks ago, as soon as they advertised it I ordered one through Bell direct sales and got one sent to my house within 7 days of purchase. I am using DVI plus rca for connections. The software is running @ E470. When viewing normal SD its dark, when viewing HD its dark and guess what when there is a dark scene its really dark.

Other things I have noticed:

sound gone had to unplug overnight.
black screen when switching out to commercials when viewing HD
pressing the guide button shuts off IRD the odd time.
turning on IRD get downloading software guide
depending on HD signal source picture is not centered on screen when trying to adjust picture goes out of sync. could be issue with DVI not IRD

Personally when comparing to my 6000, 6100 is to0 dark period I phoned up tech support and they told me to turn up the contrast I told the f#c% if there is a setting past 100 to come over and set it up for me. Anyway I'm not impressed one bit, not one bit. They said they would send me a new 6100 to fix the problem but doubt that very much.
I don't know about more stable software but those complaints sound just like our DISH 811s. :)

811/6100

Exact same unit. When I purchased it via direct sales they had no info for the 6100 so the sales guy sent me link to the 811 spec sheet. They are going to replace my unit with a new model, we all know now that it wont help. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)