New "ext" timer type option?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
I noticed this new option for timers on my 612 only. It is "ext" and its listed along with dvr, auto tune and reminder. I havent tried it yet. Could it be to record to an ehd?

Record directly to EHD option...what a wonderful idea. Submit it, please! :)

I noticed this new option for timers on my 612 only. It is "ext" and its listed along with dvr, auto tune and reminder. I havent tried it yet. Could it be to record to an ehd?

Doesn't work. This comes up a few times a year. I thought I had discovered it a couple of years ago. Tried it and no go.

I would say essentially the same. For the Pocketdish it would send a signal to record. I suppose if there are DVR recorders that can understand that signal that would be a reason to use EXT.

It will allow recording to a device such as a VHS or DVD recorder.

You can record to such from back panel outputs without doing this EXT step. EXT allowed high speed (sorta) transfers to the Pocket Dish. SD only. <sigh> I really wish they would have made an HD Pocket Dish.

You can record to such from back panel outputs without doing this EXT step. EXT allowed high speed (sorta) transfers to the Pocket Dish. SD only. <sigh> I really wish they would have made an HD Pocket Dish.

See my and joegr's response. There is a difference. Looking at my manual my Panasonic DVR recorder is capable of receiving the record command. Just not sure if it works with Dish or not.

Isn't the speed of the download a factor?

Anybody actually do this with anything other than a Pocket Dish?

Well, a transfer from the DVR to whatever. Didn't it do it at something like 1.5 or 2 times real time when porting it over to the Pocket Dish?

No to several of the last posts.

What the EXT functions does is sent the record start and stop commands plus the program info (title etc) to the recorder over the COMPOSITE cable along with the video signal. (for a real time recording)

Ah. I wonder how many people actually did that.

Hmmmm. I wonder if I could find a DVD burner that would accept that today. But composite. Ugh.

What the EXT functions does is sent the record start and stop commands plus the program info (title etc) to the recorder over the COMPOSITE cable along with the video signal. (for a real time recording)

I guess the name for this function on non-DVR Dish receivers, "VCR", was too obvious. So Dish had to obfuscate and tease us all by renaming it "EXT". :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts