New factory software for Openbox S9 dated 1-5-2011

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the american version appears to be from march 25. i think i have one from october or november loaded in my solemend. lack of changelog and the silly naming convention sucks. there is also a chinese version it seems.

crackt out,.

I don't even going to try it. The file for 2011 is a Euro version. The American version posted here is old and doesn't even work. I'm going to keep using the one I have actually, HDS2_CM_america.

I don't even going to try it. The file for 2011 is a Euro version. The American version posted here is old and doesn't even work. I'm going to keep using the one I have actually, HDS2_CM_america.

There's no harm in trying a European version, unless they've come up with a change that won't accept your old satellite list or something. (I thought I read something about that a while ago, but I never had any problem with it yet, and I've tried at least one update from November, the last time I saw updates. I HAVE NOT tried the new version yet though.) It won't go out on its own looking for keys for Dish or anything.

well I loaded it and yeah it looks like an old system.

Has "auto scan" as an option, not blind scan
Does scan in stuff (tried it on a couple sats)
Lists 1080-30 instead of 1080-60
missing Amazonas sat in list

I guess I'll go back to the former software I had which is the same stuff carlos mentions

So Ice, if the software is good will you keep your OpenBox after all ?

probably not. Its still in the classifieds ;)

I think Ice has had two of these boxes lol, but who's counting,They were full of issues a year ago...much better now....Blind

yeah I have had two of them. Got a Solomend in the 1st batch Sadoun had out and there were too many bugs so sold it. I remember the 3 were
-couldnt use motor and diseqc switch at same time
-no AC-3
-remote sucked

Now I decided to try a new version and while its nice, it still has one major bug. I'll post that question in a new thread

huh, sound like we might need to create a Openbox factory firmware section!! There are several versions out there. I'm using HDS2_CM_america file with 4x4 and diseqc and not problems at all but its dated 1/1/2008!!! I think its way too old.

well I loaded it and yeah it looks like an old system.

Has "auto scan" as an option, not blind scan
Does scan in stuff (tried it on a couple sats)
Lists 1080-30 instead of 1080-60
missing Amazonas sat in list

I guess I'll go back to the former software I had which is the same stuff carlos mentions
Wonder why when scanning in the auto scan mode I get NO channels found. Went back to old S/W 10-11-08 1026cm and scans fine,,,well except for the double T/P's on V pol.

I just tried the new version (the European one), and the blind scan works fine. It's also called "blind scan", not "auto scan", so I'm puzzled why some people are saying otherwise. (Maybe they tried the American version, which sounds like it's really old.) The 1080i refresh rate is also listed as 60, not 30 -- although, it SHOULD be 30 for 1080i. 60 would be 1080p, but there's no point in outputting 1080p because nobody broadcasts it.

I don't know what's in the channel list, because I never look at the channel list, I just re-upload my own.

So far, the random reboots on exiting the recording playback menu (introduced with one of the November updates), seem to be gone.

Well, I just had one reboot. I had just finished a scan, and I accidentally hit the "exit" key instead of hitting the select key for OK. A second try produced the expected result of exiting.

Get it here, and yes there is an American market version.

http://www.yojiatech.com/a/Support/Download/=====================================

I am waiting until some of their software issues are corrected before buying one of these, so let us know how this latest version works out.

I think this is just going to create a lot of Confusion for the People here? :eek::D

Jim,

Any chance to test the composite av output see if the green tint is fixed for the 480i setting?

Jim

It still looks yellow-green to me. I even tried switching the output from YUV to RGB, as someone on another board said worked for him a few versions ago, and it still looks the same. (BTW, if you switch to RGB, then the component output won't work -- unless you actually have a professional monitor or an old computer workstation monitor that's actually RGB instead of YUV, even though the plugs for YUV are still colored red green and blue.)

This green problem is the damnedest thing I've ever encountered in a digital device! First, if you're connected to the composite output and you have the receiver in an HD mode, the screen that it puts up on the composite output in SD that says it can't display anything DOESN'T have the green tint! Second, on the other board I mentioned, the owner says that he's tested the composite output on a wide range of monitors and TVs, and it looks green on some and fine on others -- in fact, he had more that were fine than were green! Third, I had to drag out an analog monitor to test it, because when I tried it on my digital monitor with analog inputs, it came up MONOCHROME!

(There is probably a clue somewhere in all that, but I don't have an oscilloscope or a waveform monitor or anything, let alone time to bother with it, and besides, NOBODY disputes that the problem was introduced with a certain firmware update, so it's mystifying that the developers don't know what they did!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)