New feature: Software download prompt

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Maybe this already exists and I just don't know how to do it... but while waiting for this NR to hit me (is this the longest rollout ever, or what? I'm hoping to get it before the weekend), I've tried a couple of times to force the download, only to be "blessed" with waiting 20 minutes to get the same software I already have.

So, here's what I'm thinking:

0 2 4 6 8

Searching for software (0319)

New software found (0319)

"New software is the same as current software - do you want to download again?"

Saying no to this prompt would just put you into a normal reboot cycle instead of waiting through the download and a reboot after.

Just a thought.... I know most people probably don't even know how to force a download, but it seems like it would be easy enough to implement.

how about something in menu - setup - system setup - info, along the lines of 'check for updates' and a message 'no new software available' or 'reinstall current software' or anything like that..

Maybe this already exists and I just don't know how to do it... but while waiting for this NR to hit me (is this the longest rollout ever, or what? I'm hoping to get it before the weekend), I've tried a couple of times to force the download, only to be "blessed" with waiting 20 minutes to get the same software I already have.

So, here's what I'm thinking:

0 2 4 6 8

Searching for software (0319)

New software found (0319)

"New software is the same as current software - do you want to download again?"

Saying no to this prompt would just put you into a normal reboot cycle instead of waiting through the download and a reboot after.

Just a thought.... I know most people probably don't even know how to force a download, but it seems like it would be easy enough to implement.

My R22-100 already does the first two,no numbers until the software is found.Then it's up to me to not let it download more than 50%(this can cause problems) normally it only downloads 1% before I do a RBR(if the software number is the same) and let it continue rebooting.software 0312.

My R22-100 already does the first two,no numbers until the software is found.Then it's up to me to not let it download more than 50%(this can cause problems) normally it only downloads 1% before I do a RBR(if the software number is the same) and let it continue rebooting.software 0312.

I guess I assumed that this wasn't wise....?

You can d/l up to 89 % before you have to worry. 90% is where it impliments the new software program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)