New Fios quantum gateway router.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cashcobra

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Dublin, Ohio, United States
just wondering if anyone here has tried the new quantum gateway router for Fios made by greenwaive? They have been available in limited areas for about a month now and will be available nationwide starting on Sunday November 2nd. I know this is an ac dual band router, and the specs say it should blow away their current actiontech routers. Just wondering if anyone here has used one and if so what do you think?​

First I've heard of it. I wonder what you need to do to upgrade. I'm Internet and land line only.

Well I can tell you that starting on 11/2/14 you should be able to log on to my.verizon.com and order it. 149.00 to purchase or 6.99 per month to lease. Or sometime after Sunday call customer service at 1-800-verizon.

Don't know about older customers but new customers are offered the option to buy the actiontech router or lease it for 5.99. Best I can say is check your bill or contact billing department with questions about that.

It's my understanding it is only available if you call to order it. It is not on the website yet.
As far as the actiontec routers go I got my first one free and paid 100 for the upgrade one. I don't pay a monthly fee.

I wish I could get my own non-Verizon modem/router like I did when we had cable internet before.

I use their device only for the connection with the TV and Internet. I have my wifi router connected and everything else is off my router. I did not like that you can see the wifi password in plain text if you log into your account on Verizon's site.

Signed up for Quantum Fios about a month ago online. My first order was through a door to door Fios salesperson. He explained that I could use my Motorola SURFboard Extreme however the installer nixed that idea. I too am wondering about their new quantum gateway router as I've read it covers a wider area. I've noticed a few hiccups once in a while with my connection that lasts a few minutes. Never had this with Comcast. Maybe the router?

My shipment was delayed because of the storm that we had here but I finally received in on 11/26. I didn't do anything with it that week because I was too busy with Thanksgiving things. When it arrived I couldn't imagine what they had sent me because the box was so big.
We decided to try this modem/router by itself instead of having secondary for wifi. So far there have been no problems. It is very configurable.
We haven't had an opportunity to check signal strength at a distance yet.
20141130_125135.jpg
20141130_125227.jpg

Signed up for Quantum Fios about a month ago online. My first order was through a door to door Fios salesperson. He explained that I could use my Motorola SURFboard Extreme however the installer nixed that idea. I too am wondering about their new quantum gateway router as I've read it covers a wider area. I've noticed a few hiccups once in a while with my connection that lasts a few minutes. Never had this with Comcast. Maybe the router?

Sounds like it could be. To get more info on the new router go to verizon.com/fiosquantumgateway or go to Fios tv channel 682. You can also call 888-611-6607

My shipment was delayed because of the storm that we had here but I finally received in on 11/26. I didn't do anything with it that week because I was too busy with Thanksgiving things. When it arrived I couldn't imagine what they had sent me because the box was so big.
We decided to try this modem/router by itself instead of having secondary for wifi. So far there have been no problems. It is very configurable.
We haven't had an opportunity to check signal strength at a distance yet.
View attachment 103176 View attachment 103178

Still have yet to get a single tech support call about this router!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts