New FIOS TV customer

webtent

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Well, looks like the approval is in and March 1 I should be able to order the FIOS TV as an add-on to my FIOS Internet installed several months ago. Just wanted to check here to see if anyone has suggestions or recommendations when signing up with Verizon come March. Are there any deals to be aware of and do they have a HD DVR?

I am so looking forward to dropping E* after all their crapping on me - I certainly hope FIOS TV is a step above the treatment we've seen degraded by cable and satellite companies. These guys just can't get enough out of their want-to-be-loyal customers. My neighbor is a Verizon employee and will try to get us as one of the first since we already have the fiber laid. I have the FIOS business Internet with my own little subnet and seem to save money going with Verizon on Internet. Although they are completely stupid to deal with, especially with this new technology of Fiber, at least they seem to care and do not GOUGE you for everything they can get. For instance, my installer actually followed up with me on an IP address assigments problem I was working out with the support department. And when they lowered the cost of my service to new business customers recently, the discount just showed up on my bill, no call needed or missed information. Any complaints?

Last edited:
webtent said:
Well, looks like the approval is in and March 1 I should be able to order the FIOS TV as an add-on to my FIOS Internet installed several months ago. Just wanted to check here to see if anyone has suggestions or recommendations when signing up with Verizon come March. Are there any deals to be aware of and do they have a HD DVR?

I am so looking forward to dropping E* after all their crapping on me - I certainly hope FIOS TV is a step above the treatment we've seen degraded by cable and satellite companies. These guys just can't get enough out of their want-to-be-loyal customers. My neighbor is a Verizon employee and will try to get us as one of the first since we already have the fiber laid. I have the FIOS business Internet with my own little subnet and seem to save money going with Verizon on Internet. Although they are completely stupid to deal with, especially with this new technology of Fiber, at least they seem to care and do not GOUGE you for everything they can get. For instance, my installer actually followed up with me on an IP address assigments problem I was working out with the support department. And when they lowered the cost of my service to new business customers recently, the discount just showed up on my bill, no call needed or missed information. Any complaints?

Verizon FIOS does have a DVR, the QIP6416-1 (w/ 160GB hard drive)

Not aware of any current specials, although I think you may get a month free.

I have the following:

Expanded Basic ($34.95)
Movie Package ($11.95)
HD/DVR ($~12)

I do enjoy the quality, as I was a former Comcast subscriber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)