New free dish mobile app

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sweet! Can't wait! Now if Sling or Dish would release that PS3 app they've been talking about since Christmas I would be set!

No, it's not a PS3 app. It's flash support for video streamed from sling.com. At the moment, streaming is handled via a plug-in that needs to be installed and supported for each browser. Flash streaming would open up support for any browser/device that supports flash including the PS3. That is what was demoed at CES this year. Maybe they are working on something behind the scenes, but nothing has been announced about a PS3 app a la Netflix or Hulu Plus.

Edit: Also noticed that the AP story talks about a Blackberry app too. That would be nice for a disgruntled Blackberry user like myself.

Last edited:
No, it's not a PS3 app. It's flash support for video streamed from sling.com. At the moment, streaming is handled via a plug-in that needs to be installed and supported for each browser. Flash streaming would open up support for any browser/device that supports flash including the PS3. That is what was demoed at CES this year. Maybe they are working on something behind the scenes, but nothing has been announced about a PS3 app a la Netflix or Hulu Plus.

Edit: Also noticed that the AP story talks about a Blackberry app too. That would be nice for a disgruntled Blackberry user like myself.

Gotcha. Didn't realize that. Well regardless of whether it's an app or just converting their streaming to flash it will still be really cool to be able to do it over the PS3.

I'm confused. If the "new" Dish app due out in Sept. Is going to use flash, how is this app going to work on iPad and iPhone where these devices don't support flash?

Yeah sorry didn't mean to confuse the issue. What dish is doing is making the current dish remote access app for iPad and iPhone do the sling features also. That way you wont have to pay for the 30 dollar sling mobile app.

Thanks for the clarification. I have both iPhone apps--the free and the fee app--had to use about $30 of my iTunes redemption card for sling player mobile, but will be issued a credit from Dish, supposedly.

So after Sept new 922ers can just use the free iPhone Dish remote access app?

Will both apps still work for me to my 922 after Sept?

Who will still need to use sling player mobile app--those folks who buy a standalone sling box from say Best Buy?

The DISH app will only work with Slingboxes connected to DISH Network receivers. If you have other Slingboxes that are not connected to DISH equipment you will need to view them from the standalone Slingplayer app.

Also the DISH app will only work as long as you are a DISH customer.

(This is what I am hearing anyways.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)