New FTA Channel Idea

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is a dream right , licensing the rights of syndicated programming is so expensive
You would need a lot of money to do this .

Now I think that large corporations and possibly big goverment and certain chambers of commerce could foot the bill on such a project , imagine the Pepsi Channel , Las Vegas Channel , Walt Disney Theme Parks channel , Orlando Tourism channel , Yosemite National Park Channel .

These channels could be FTA and carried by Nationwide Hotel Chains and Visitors centers , what better way to promote products , services , and Tourism.

ok just my 2 cents.

I never said it wouldnt be expensive, or that it would even be possible to do ..This is ONLY a dream scenario..

Another thought I've had for years..There are literally hundreds of shows, many of them obscure, that havent been seen ANYWHERE for years..Some since first run Network..Some individual or group with money buys up a lot of these shows, with other public domain material as well.. and shows them similar to Classic Arts-Free to anyone..Cable, Satellite that wants to use it..a few hours a day or 24/7 if wanted. Maybe even show retromercials..If possible the original ones with the shows..Since, like Classic Arts it would be noncommercial, ratings wouldnt be a factor..

I might suggest someone with interest in starting up this type of channel, should talk to GloryStar, they might well be interested in more family friendly "classic" programming.

FTA Channel ideas.

I've mulled around an idea for a retro slant Sat channel now and again. I have not been able to find a list of costs involved ANYWHERE! I am not concerned with the programming right. I've researched those when looking into a Low Power TV permit. Over Air stations are a total pain to set up. In order to transmit a feed to a sat what company would one go through in order to get service and have an actual channel? I would say it would be a nice idea to setup a user supported satellite station. We calculate the rough ammount of a year's operation costs, rais that ammount and hopefully draw enough attention to ourselves to fund another year.. Just some thoughs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skew vs. Alignment

Powertech DG 280 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)