New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Free-Tv Welcome to Satellite Guys! I'm sure that Free Dbs folks are busy getting things together....but I'm sure they're listening to our ideas too. What a big and expensive undertaking it must be. More money than I've got lol...Hats off to Wayne-O and the group for trying something new and different. Free-Tv if you ever need anything there's plenty of folks in here with a lot of good tech advice. Blind:)

Where is LCN on c band at?

Hello everyone. I'm a new menber here. I've been a frequent visitor of this site as a guest for a couple of years and have done alot of reading, but decided to become a member, so that I could get in on the discussion about the FreeDBS channel proposal.

I commend FreeDBS for attemting to do what they are. I'm sure that they have their work cut out for them.
At their sites request for people to email them with programming ideas and channel suggestions, I sent them a few different emails with a couple of different channel ideas.
The first channel is LCN out of Louisana. I think that this channel has good quality, family oriented programming. This channel is currently in the clear on C Band, but it would be nice if it could be added to the KU band side, because alot of people don't have C Band.
The second channel is MeTV out of Chicago, that someone else previously mentioned here. This channel also has good quality, family oriented programming. This channel is also broadcast out of Southbend Indiana. I think that these channels would be a good edition to the channel lineup
As I mentioned, I sent a few different emails around 2 weeks ago, with these channel suggestions, but have'nt received a response back from anyone. It would be nice if Wayne-O would comment on the channels. Thanks.

Free-Tv Welcome to Satellite Guys! I'm sure that Free Dbs folks are busy getting things together....but I'm sure they're listening to our ideas too. What a big and expensive undertaking it must be. More money than I've got lol...Hats off to Wayne-O and the group for trying something new and different. Free-Tv if you ever need anything there's plenty of folks in here with a lot of good tech advice. Blind:)

Thanks for the warm welcome Blindowl. It's nice to be here. I agree the is a huge undertaking for them, and I truly hope they pull it off

Where is LCN on c band at?

Hello cruzin. LCN is located on C Band on Galaxy13/Horizions 1, at 127 West. It has a veriety of different programming. Here is a list of some of them:

Accent LADaily variety, news and entertainment
One Body Exploring the mind body and soul
Ca C’est CajunCajun Cooking
LA MusicUp close and personal with La musicians
The VaultRock music videos with interviews from featured artists
LCN Concert SeriesIn concert from Louisiana
InterpretationsDiscussion of inspirational topics
Biz-BuzzNew & existing business owners
Realty CheckReal Estate listings throughout Louisiana
Scales and TailsFishing from all over La
Between the BanksFishing from South Louisiana
Southland HauntingsMysterious and supernatural occurences
Ringside PoliticsPolitical interviews and comments
Toon TimeCartoons
Movie ShowcaseLCN classic movies
Graveyard ShiftHorror movies
Archie PhillipsArchie Phillips - Fishing and hunting adventures
N2 FocusLA Entertainment
All Good in HoodUrban entertainment
Flash Rockweb-based live band performances
Classic TubeClassic TV series
LCN DocumentaryDocumentary variety
Coffee BreakCollege produced interview/Talk
Kids /EducationLearning fun with kids
MD-TV Medical news and updates
Slice of LifeGolf Course of Louisiana
LA Football TV MagazineLouisiana High School, College and Pro Football talk
The Ed Buggs ShowReal Talk, Real People
Louisiana Sportsman TVThe Magazine Comes to Life on LCN
Arts & Artists -Show featuring Louisiana's Visual Art and Artist
2 N ChargeTrish and Mark cook up healthy Cajun dishes​

Looks like a good collection of programming.

I surely miss that Nostalgia Channel (hopefully more than one remembers it), playing really old movies, silent movies, up to some mid 1940's movies.

If we could get something like it and another for horror movies it'd be great, you know, those 'cheesy' b-type movies you can get for free nowadays since they have expired or non existent copy rights, places like best buy have packages for like 50-100 movies for a mere 20 bucks, so i guess they could broadcast them with no problems whatsoever.

M.

A lot of the programming posted we already have. Click on the square on the cowboy channel then click again for a different movie that is streaming. Same thing on the world war movie channel and the Free Movie channel. Next the Kids channel.

A lot of the programming posted we already have. Click on the square on the cowboy channel then click again for a different movie that is streaming. Same thing on the world war movie channel and the Free Movie channel. Next the Kids channel.

You mentioned that the Cowboy TV channel and the World War movie channel are already streaming movies. I noticed on the FreeDBS site that the Cowboy TV channel and the World War TV channel, the contract still says "Available".
Does this mean that these channels will be veiwable only on the FreeDBS website, even after the other channels are broadcast on satellite? I'm a little confused, as the other channels contracts say, closed, or pending or being organized.

I surely miss that Nostalgia Channel (hopefully more than one remembers it), playing really old movies, silent movies, up to some mid 1940's movies.

If we could get something like it and another for horror movies it'd be great, you know, those 'cheesy' b-type movies you can get for free nowadays since they have expired or non existent copy rights, places like best buy have packages for like 50-100 movies for a mere 20 bucks, so i guess they could broadcast them with no problems whatsoever.

M.

Now, if there's one channel that shouldn't be difficult to put together, it would be a Nostalgia Channel. Most of those really old movies and tv shows are in the public domain, so any channel could show them without having to pay a royalty of any kind.

voice print

There was at one time a channel for the blind/low vision. Lyngsat still shows it at 107.3 . I took my stuff down this summer for roofing so I don't know if it's still there.

voiceprintcanada dot com is the website and it lists streaming links.

You mentioned that the Cowboy TV channel and the World War movie channel are already streaming movies. I noticed on the FreeDBS site that the Cowboy TV channel and the World War TV channel, the contract still says "Available".
Does this mean that these channels will be veiwable only on the FreeDBS website, even after the other channels are broadcast on satellite? I'm a little confused, as the other channels contracts say, closed, or pending or being organized.

Not sure if I got snubbed on my question or not.

Free-TV, We are busy with many aspects of building FreeDBS. Some things cannot be released until other people working with us have been notified. I myself do not know all of the people that are working with us. We hope to answer your question in the up coming weeks. We also would tell you as we have told other members to pay close attention to NASA and their current program. God Bless !!!

FTV, Next time could you wait longer than three hours and 23 minutes?

Not sure if you are addressing me with your comment, but I would like to know how long do you think is a good waiting period? Three days and 23 hours, or 3 weeks? Wayne-O was here in this thread on 2 different occassions during that time and never even acknowledged my question. Is this not a discussion forum? It's kinda hard to have a one sided discussion is'nt it? Wayne-O posted a comment that I thought was a little confusing and I asked a question about it. I'm sure that some other people woukd have been confused by it as well. My question was legitimate. I sent 2 different emails to The FreeDbs site, as it was sugessted to do. The first one I sent and never received a response from anyone. Then one week later I sent the second one. The second one that I sent has been around three weeks ago and still have'nt received a response. This leaves me to wonder wheather my emails were received, or wheather the emails were ignored. Whats the point in having a public email link to communicate with people if the emails are ignored.
I ask you, do you like to have your questions answered when you ask them, or get a response back when you send an email? Good communication skills must not be importan t to you.
Next time could you direct your comments toward someone other than me, as my question was'nt asked to you.

I noticed a children's channel is still needed. Smile of A Child TV is on 97W Ku right now and has 100% children's programming.

yeah, but why re-uplink it being as it is already available on a ku bird?
it is included with glorystar (97w & 101w), and many of the customers for freedbs would already have glorystar, i think many people, (me included) would love to see a classic cartoon channel that showed stuff like old looney tunes and other cartoons that are not on tv anymore.:up

I removed some of the off topic crap and a few of us quoted said crap

Lets keep this on topic and not sit here and search for all this off topic stuff

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)