New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On the latest Sat Talk on Access America, the show on 12/22/2010, the guy from Manhattan Digital spoke as if Freedbs was very real:

"...we're supporting the Freedbs.org programming that we hopefully soon will see in the first quarter of 2011".

Last edited:
On the latest Sat Talk on Access America, the show on 12/22/2010, the guy from Manhattan Digital spoke as if Freedbs was very real:

This is a quote from the Christmas movie The Santa Clause that I recently watched:

"Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing." ;)

(But then again why is the word lie even in the word believe??? :confused: )

Last edited:
Dishman Dan said:
This is a quote from the Christmas movie The Santa Clause that I recently watched:

"Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing." ;)

(But then again why is the word lie even in the word believe??? :confused: )

It is sad to me that some can longer hear the ringing of the FreeDBS bell. (Polar Express reference) :p

It is sad to me that some can longer hear the ringing of the FreeDBS bell. (Polar Express reference) :p

At least this thread is now in the holiday spirit!! :)

The conductor in Polar Express also said:

"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."

and in this case we can't hear either! :D

estoned_reggae.pngI think I found the guy in charge. :D

wow! 1 post out of the last 7 is relevant to the topic.

crackt out,.
That's because there is no more topic. :p FreeDBS was probably dead from the start. We're just going to keep having fun with this thread until the Mods do a mercy-killing on it! :D:up Anyway...."back on topic" ;) -my FreeDBS is still coming in great at 0% since I got the correct parameters from King of Ku's post! I actually saw their info channel, and they're changing the name of the service in January to "Imagination TV" :eek: :D:D :popcorn

The service if it would ever exist would have to be on ku band and be accessible by small size dish. It would have to be on a satellite that would allow for such dish. In order to make this service feasible they would need numbers, which with large size dish ku band or c band they would not get. I think the idea was good, but all it was, was just a good idea. I have my 36" dish fixed on 97w and 101w and concentrate on better OTA antenna. MHz on 97w for some time is black, but local PBS is caring it OTA on one of its sub channels. THIS tv is also OTA on NBC sub channel. OTA is evolving, while FTA is unfortunately dying.

So, Manhattan Digital is in on the hoax? Deceived by the hoax? None of the above? Which is it?

Which "company" by that name are you talking about? There seem to be quite a few small operations out there all using that name, each located in different cities and states, and countries, none of them seem to be connected to each other. The repair shop in upstate NY? The satellite shop in Wisconsin (no idea where they are as they do not list address on web-site and whois info is hidden for that site)? Who are you referring to?

Why don't you write whomever you are citing and ask them, we cannot be expected to read minds, can we? :D

Which "company" by that name are you talking about? There seem to be quite a few small operations out there all using that name, each located in different cities and states, and countries, none of them seem to be connected to each other. The repair shop in upstate NY? The satellite shop in Wisconsin (no idea where they are as they do not list address on web-site and whois info is hidden for that site)? Who are you referring to?

Why don't you write whomever you are citing and ask them, we cannot be expected to read minds, can we? :D

Already mentioned they were a guest on Sat Talk on Access America. Plus there's been a bit of buzz about their new HD receiver. Another receiver of theirs that does 4:2:2 is coming soon. Anyway, here's the website:

Manhattan-Digital: Home Page

The Freedbs timeline quote in my previous post was made by their spokesman. Who was on Sat Talk. Which is on Galaxy 19. Most Wednesdays. It restores some credibility to the Freedbs people. First quarter 2011 will be here and gone soon enough, well see if these Freedbs satellite guys can get a signal up or if they are just huffing and puffing.

I surely don't know what to make of all this. Hopeful, doubtful, take your pick.

So, Manhattan Digital is in on the hoax? Deceived by the hoax? None of the above? Which is it?

I don't tihnk manhattan is part of the hoax. From my understanding of the Sat Talk interview that I listened to last night on the archive, Manhattan is going to donate $5 from the sale of each receiver once freedbs launches. If freedbs continues to not be up and going, I don't think Manhattan is going to make the donation to them.

I don't tihnk manhattan is part of the hoax. From my understanding of the Sat Talk interview that I listened to last night on the archive, Manhattan is going to donate $5 from the sale of each receiver once freedbs launches. If freedbs continues to not be up and going, I don't think Manhattan is going to make the donation to them.

I used "hoax" tongue in cheek. The point is that a legit player (Manhattan) recognizes Freedbs as real. Whether Freedbs ever gets off the ground is another matter.

Already mentioned they were a guest on Sat Talk on Access America. Plus there's been a bit of buzz about their new HD receiver. Another receiver of theirs that does 4:2:2 is coming soon. Anyway, here's the website:

Manhattan-Digital: Home Page

I am not sure who they are but they thank us for hosting their forum.

Manhattan-Digital: News

I wonder if Jeff Shumann is going to be at CES if he is then I would love to talk with him.

I really want FreeDBS to be real perhaps he knows something we don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)