New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My opinion is that local broadcasters are too paranoid that they might lose viewers from out of market stations. Most people will still turn to their local stations for local content that they need like traffic, weather and local news.

So true! :)

There are plenty of other forms of media that the paranoid locals compete against. The internet gives alot of competition too but people still tend to support local business pretty well in most cases around here. Look how low most people stoop to receive their "free OTA" channels... they pay Charlie! :eek: I told friends about the FTA but they wanted the locals to receive network programming and they went to Charlie too! My thoughts are if is a local show you have to receive it local, if it is a national broadcast then it is FTA! :D

Here's a funny.

Attachments

• Free 25.jpg
    Free 25.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 331
Unfortunately my homeowners association won't allow dish sizes above 39"...or maybe it's 4', either way C-band is out of the question for me and I'm guessing many others.

News Release: 3/2/2010

We have been in contact with the Senior Editor of The Real News Network, (Paul Jay) he has expressed an interest in providing content for our news channel, and requested that we announce this.

Our negotiator for transponder access is still working on our lease contracts at this time. He is working to acquire three of the wider transponders on a satellite between 100 and 80 degrees. We have discussed a target date for operation but will not release this until contracts are complete

News Release: 3/2/2010

Our negotiator for transponder access is still working on our lease contracts at this time. He is working to acquire three of the wider transponders on a satellite between 100 and 80 degrees. We have discussed a target date for operation but will not release this until contracts are complete
I've got another 1.2m ChannelMaster just laying here waiting! :D:up

I am saving the dishes that I have and collecting as many as I can for when this service is releasing, hoping I can sell and install some of these systems for those on a budget wanting these channels from FreeDBS.

Compared to many basic (lifeline) cable packages, the only things that they are missing right now is CW, ION, and a couple shopping channels. And maybe This TV . It would also be kinda cool if they could carry a couple of the PBS sub-channels like Create and PBS World like on AMC21 without the AC3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)