Status
Please reply by conversation.

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Last nite here at the Xmas party I won the GeosatPro system and I was just wondering, I see a bunch of religious channels on 97W is there a better sat with more variety than 97W any suggestions.
Thanks

nope there's no better ones out there. You might as well have SatAv send it to me :p

nah just kidding....congratulations first off

as for better sat it really depends on what you want. Is the system motorized? I forgot if it was. If it is then you wouldnt have to worry about that as the dish would move across the arc ;)

folks use 91W for sports feeds, 83W for RTV (retro TV Network), 101 for History and Bio as example

Tell ya what give me $750 plus shipping and you can have it. :D :D j/k No I don't think the system is motorized I was just curious what bird would be a good starting point. 97W looked ok if you like religious and foriegn channels.

Thanks for the info Ice.
Bob

nope there's no better ones out there. You might as well have SatAv send it to me :p

nah just kidding....congratulations first off

as for better sat it really depends on what you want. Is the system motorized? I forgot if it was. If it is then you wouldnt have to worry about that as the dish would move across the arc ;)

folks use 91W for sports feeds, 83W for RTV (retro TV Network), 101 for History and Bio as example

97W also has some different news channels from around the world in English if you want a different perspective

thelist at the top you can see whats on each satellite or just print a list
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Printable TheList

If you like sports there are a fair amount of sports feeds on there too. Also raw news feeds (not the 30 second clip your local news carries but the unedited feed)

97W also has some different news channels from around the world in English if you want a different perspective

thelist at the top you can see whats on each satellite or just print a list
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Printable TheList

If you like sports there are a fair amount of sports feeds on there too. Also raw news feeds (not the 30 second clip your local news carries but the unedited feed)
Iceberg,

Missed you yesterday, Hope all is well?

Mike Lib

Bob,
There's some pretty good stuff on 97W..Kuwait Tv 2 has english programming,...Russia Today is News, Al Jazeera-News, River Broadcasting..old movies etc...I've even seen camel races on Al Kass, one of the foreign channels...If you are able to decode the dolby AC3 audio 125W has tons of PBS as well. Good luck...Blind

wbd,

Congratulations!

I would start with 97W first and play with it for a while, that sat will provide a big playground for you for a while. Then test any one of the following sats next... 30.0W (if you can pull it in acceptably), 83.0W, 101.1W and 125W. Try them all! Then move on to others or motorize it for more options.

I missed the Christmas party, too. I had to work.

RADAR

I missed the Christmas party, too. I had to work.

Man! I thought that I saw you there!! :confused:

That was the first party for me and it was a fun and crazy time even though I did not win anything! !sadroll

Maybe we need a New Year's bash too!!!... @party

Status
Please reply by conversation.