New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I turned the sound off on the effects long ago, but about 6 months ago it started doing it even though it was OFF ....
With the new gui, its now GONE !

I do have logos now.

How long did logos appear ? I still don't have them in the guide or the banner.

I'm not sure on how to make them show up?

If you've done the CLEARMYBOX 2, there's really not much more you can do, to my knowledge. Just try again Friday. Don't repeatedly do the CLEARMYBOX 2 because you're just starting the process over again.

How is everyone's on-demand working? I would say mine half works. I have seen the posts where folks say theirs doesn't work but does anyone have this situation?

The main pages are blank, like 1501 is blank with boxes where it looks like posters should be. But I can cue up anything on HBO with the menu on the left. And it is very slow. Same with all VOD channels. They were so colorful and populated on the old guide but now they're boring blank slates. The menus loaded reasonably fast, too. This is would be a great place for pics if we were allowed. I hope my description makes sense.
Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing as you.

Is it better just to go back to the old guide until the new one is released at the end of the year ? On demand still isn't working with the new guide .

For those that downloaded the latest release this past weekend, is there any significant changes from the week before?

I did not have the opportunity to download this weeks release. Thanks

I switched back the the national release. The new guide is much harder to read and way too much grey in the guide. I'm going to wait til around November to download the new guide . The one one is a nice change but it has a lot of work to go before they release it nationwide.

Didn't. Has anyone gotten it to work?
Again, as far as can be known there isn't a way to download a CE to the HS17 manually.

It's pushed over the internet to a list of designated testers.

You can attempt the only known possible manual procedure for the HS17 of rebooting it and then pressing the "Add Client" button hopefully at the right instant when a new CE is spooling out in the satellite stream on Fri., and Sat. evenings.

But it's highly doubtful this will work as its been tried by others without success ...

The HS17 is part of the ce program, but the downloads only work in the designated time slots.

The HS17 is part of the ce program, but the downloads only work in the designated time slots.
Eh. There is a lot of reports that unless you are part of the original test group. No one has been able to download a CE

Maybe, just maybe they are not ready for CE downloads for the HS17 yet.
Could be ready in a week or a month or more.

No one knows at this time.

I switched back the the national release. The new guide is much harder to read and way too much grey in the guide. I'm going to wait til around November to download the new guide . The one one is a nice change but it has a lot of work to go before they release it nationwide.

Same here. I tried it, and didn't like it at all, for the reasons you cited. It is not "eyeball friendly" in my opinion -- too much gray and too many transparent elements with soft edges.

Status
Please reply by conversation.