New Genie UI now in CE testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The super secret UI for those that don't want to tempt fate. After I took picture #4 the DVR locked up and I had to do a RBR
I'm gonna guess that it locked up when you went to Manage Recordings.

I really don't understand why in the guide the show your watching is too toned at the time of the day in the show ... if you look right above it, theres a marker that shows you where you are in the show.

Yep, that's where it happened. And I agree about the two toned guide.

Here's more. I don't have anything on the DVR right now so I started recording a few shows to show the DVR manager.

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 387
  • 6.png
    6.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 416
  • 7.png
    7.png
    727.3 KB · Views: 435
  • 8.png
    8.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 9.png
    9.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 411
  • 10.png
    10.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 361
Except they haven't offered it to employees so to speak.
Also, I would take a guess and say that MAYBE 20% of att employees have D* .... maybe slightly higher.

I never got that point. You have a very large pool of testers internally at ATT as everyone has it as they get a discount off of their service. Why not have employees test it out so they are not only familiar with the product but can provide good support for it. I can name a few times I have called about my HS17 (Genie 2) and the CSR has no clue on how it works. Also, if you roll it out to the employees in the masses it will be much more solid once it does roll out to the general population. Sometimes common sense isn't strong in AT&T. (My Opinion)

Reactions: dishrich
I'm not sure it's an improvement...
It's just different. It's made to look like everything else out there. Few color variations and very flat with sharp lines. It looks very much like Time Warner / Spectrum's guide. Take out any AT&T logos and I would have thought it was Spectrums latest guide update.

Not many companies have public betas. On Xfinity X1 you can go into a menu and turn on Comcast Labs. It gives you some new cutting edge features they are testing. I think TiVo has some sort of program where you give them your TSN number. In the set top box diagnostics on TWC/Spectrum there is an ODNext field showing the next system firmware that they are staging, but no way to activate it ahead of time.

I have been receiving PM's from some members who want to continue to post about the CE here you are welcome to.

I suggest creating a new username here and posting CE stuff with that username so you are not shut out from the CE site.

If the folks are not happy from the CE site TOO BAD. If you want to get your lawyers involved be my guest and my lawyers will eat yours for breakfast.

Its an open public beta test and according to DIRECTV you can talk about it here all you want. :) If AT&T / DIRECTV no longer wants to give us that permission they can have Randall Stephenson contact me directly, I will not accept requests from anyone else at AT&T/DIRECTV.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.

Reactions: dishrich and ncted
I never got that point. You have a very large pool of testers internally at ATT as everyone has it as they get a discount off of their service. Why not have employees test it out so they are not only familiar with the product but can provide good support for it. I can name a few times I have called about my HS17 (Genie 2) and the CSR has no clue on how it works. Also, if you roll it out to the employees in the masses it will be much more solid once it does roll out to the general population. Sometimes common sense isn't strong in AT&T. (My Opinion)
Again, I'm guessing that around 20* of D* employees actually have D*.
Of those 20%, 98% just want D* service ... as in TV service .... they have no desire to run CE software .... and probably 98% of those don't have a clue that they have Other software out there.

If your not a Tech guy on a site like this, you'd have no way of knowing or any reason to look for it.

I am 100% sure that they Do have an internal group of Beta testers out there.

The few times that I run across the D* installers at work, none of them know about the CE software ...
I think its a very internal group that they have running it. (outside of Us doing it publicly).
Those of us doing it is also a VERY small group of people.

Its a shame we can't all get along and work together and appreciate one anothers opinions between the two sites.
Also it would be nice if someone from att/D* made themselves known and was able to communicate with all of Us.

Scott I don't care if they shut me out over there. We used to have good discussion about the ce over here. They have messed it up over there.

Well THAT was interesting. While driving into work I got a phone call from someone at AT&T / DIRECTV who saw my post this morning. Now I can't say if this person was speaking on behalf of AT&T / DIRECTV or himself, but they called to tell me and confirm to me that the CE Program is an Open Public Testing program and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with people posting about the CE here.

I was also told that "their rules" over at the CE site are not DIRECTV's rules.

Again I don't want to fight them, and as I have said before they do a great job with the CE there. I don't have the time and energy to run the CE here, but if anyone wants to talk about the CE or even run a pseudo CE program here please be my guest and again we have permission from DIRECTV to do so.

But again personally I hope the CE site just keeps moving forward and keeps doing what they are doing. If they are driving people away from their site and having people post here instead that is their own doing.

I still don't have logos after almost a week. I've d/l two versions of the new UI and no logos for me!

I hope to see my satellites guys friends back ouer here like we used do Friday night and discuss the ce .

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Anyone have the logos in the guide? I reverted back to the NR just because I want to wait a bit longer til they have the bugs worked out. I'm hoping they change the guide color to one that's easier on the eyes.

Anyone have the logos in the guide? I reverted back to the NR just because I want to wait a bit longer til they have the bugs worked out. I'm hoping they change the guide color to one that's easier on the eyes.
I do ...

I've had logos on my HR54-500 since the original firmware for the UI 0x0FCC.

Now on the latest CE 0x0D80 ...

The could fit another half hour in if they shifted the stuff in the left column further to the left.

I just wonder if they are worried about Overscan.

The could fit another half hour in if they shifted the stuff in the left column further to the left.

I just wonder if they are worried about Overscan.
What about getting rid of that +12 hours that's after the last half hour and adding another half hour their and moving the +12 hours somewhere else?

Also can you change the background color to black? EarDemon's photos showed it in blue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts