rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
This one will take awhile to get used to. BTW, looks like the HR34 will be missing out on this update.

I see under settings it has HDR, but it is greyed out. Hopefully they will add some HDR content.

I'm trying to download it on my HS17 but am having issues getting it to download.
Is it in the stream now? I thought CE downloads were only there from 11:30PM to 2:30AM.

Is it in the stream now? I thought CE downloads were only there from 11:30PM to 2:30AM.

No this was last night. I'm going to try again tonight. The download kept failing. Does anyone know if the CE downloads are available over the internet as well or if you have to disconnect the internet during the download process? The other issue is that the light on the front is supposed to turn yellow but it never does, it just flashes white indicating its taking a software download. I'm wondering if some people are calling the light yellow when it's actually white.

Aw hell, I cant resist I will have to try tonight. Do I just do it with the HR54 and it applies to the C61K too? Does it speed things up any?

No this was last night. I'm going to try again tonight. The download kept failing. Does anyone know if the CE downloads are available over the internet as well or if you have to disconnect the internet during the download process? The other issue is that the light on the front is supposed to turn yellow but it never does, it just flashes white indicating its taking a software download. I'm wondering if some people are calling the light yellow when it's actually white.
I've heard conflicting information about if the ethernet should or shouldn't be connected if you try to force a download for CE testing. At one point I was told disconnect it but still never got it to download. Since I was part of the early testing group I'm still getting the updates pushed out so I haven't had a need to try to do a download yet.

Aw hell, I cant resist I will have to try tonight. Do I just do it with the HR54 and it applies to the C61K too? Does it speed things up any?
You can't force software updates to a mini client so only the Genie needs it.

Speed, some things yes, some no. Since it's less then 12 hours since it was installed it's really too early to really know.

You can't force software updates to a mini client so only the Genie needs it.

Speed, some things yes, some no. Since it's less then 12 hours since it was installed it's really too early to really know.

Thanks, I posted over at I am an edgecutter but no one has responded, most likely due to no one really knows. I wish I could get on the push list. I'm not sure who I need to PM or even if I could get on the list.

Thanks, I posted over at I am an edgecutter but no one has responded, most likely due to no one really knows. I wish I could get on the push list. I'm not sure who I need to PM or even if I could get on the list.
Someone else asked awhile ago about getting on the push list and was told if they weren't part of the early testing they couldn't get added.

Well according to what they're putting in the guide looks like they have some now,
I'm only getting 4k option from mine.

Attachments

• 2017-08-19 12.08.09.jpg
    2017-08-19 12.08.09.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,209
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)