New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I second Jimbo's post.... more info

I hope this doesn't mean you have to switch your favorites list every time you power on the receiver.

I think it's because it's not fully ready to be shown off yet and they were looking for feedback on where to improve. I really like the look. I hope they get around to integrating Netflix, Hulu and other apps into it.

The more people who see it, the more feedback they can get.

Problem is, if its only available to HR44 and up, I like probably most anyone else, only has one genie (HR44). I cannot risk messing up "production" system. I'll wait until its baked and ready.

IF they could write it for HR24, I'd load it on that since I have one of those, but that's not the case. It sounds like its more than just a "skin" if it can't run on HR-24 / HR-34. Maybe the drawing engine is different flavor of Java, Haxe, or some other development environment that cannot run on the older CPU in the HR-34 and earlier. Otherwise if it was the same engine, just with different bitmapped graphics, thats easy. People have been changing out the "skin" on their Mazdaconnect infotainment systems by rooting them. Or people jailbreaking their phones to make it look different. A skin is a skin - but this update seems more involved. There must be a core engine change here.

Does the new UI have smooth scrolling and animation effects, like most modern day interfaces? Or do screen elements just dissapear and appear, with no fluidity, direction or motion suggesting navigation and selection progression?

Every time I go into the DVR list, it is sorted my newest first, and I have to change to alphabetical. It does not hold the alphabetic choice.

Im only viewing on the C61K.

Reactions: TermiNader
F they could write it for HR24, I'd load it on that since I have one of those, but that's not the case. It sounds like its more than just a "skin" if it can't run on HR-24 / HR-34. Maybe the drawing engine is different flavor of Java, Haxe, or some other development environment that cannot run on the older CPU in the HR-34 and earlier. Otherwise if it was the same engine, just with different bitmapped graphics, thats easy.

Even if the HR34 has the horsepower to run it, it makes sense it isn't available on that model. Based on when the HR44 first looks were published, Directv probably quit making HR34s late 2012/early 2013. By the time the new GUI is in national release, all HR34s will be more than five years old and therefore obsolete. It doesn't make sense to waste resources on outdated equipment that Directv won't be providing to new customers.

Reactions: littlecloud319
LOL.

Hopefully we get some tweaking soon to the interface. I am not a power user though, and it is working fine on my C61K for live TV and watching recorded stuff. Getting better at moving around in it.

Anyone know how it works with the Deca Adapter and a RVU TV?
Just like all the Genie's with the exception that the TV has to have its MAC address registered to activate it.

Can someone please post some more pictures? Thanks
Can't ...

Scott said DIRECTV requested none be posted here. See post #47 ...

It's a shame too since for the life of me I can't figure how to get into the CE issues pages on the Edgecutter forum to view them.

Even when I try to resign up for the CE group. All I get is some message about "There are no public groups for you to join."

And I still hit the same wall when trying to access the CE Issues or Announcement pages ...

...you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Go figure ...

Can't ...

Scott said DIRECTV requested none be posted here. See post #47 ...

It's a shame too since for the life of me I can't figure how to get into the CE issues pages on the Edgecutter forum to view them.

Even when I try to resign up for the CE group. All I get is some message about "There are no public groups for you to join."

And I still hit the same wall when trying to access the CE Issues or Announcement pages ...

Go figure ...

I was able to view them there until the post that says dish doesn’t want pictures posted. So even if it was working for you it would be pointless at this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts