New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you Magic Static for the report.

Does MyTheatre display "SCRAMBLED" on any channel that has no audio and/or video or displays only on channels that are encrypted? Does it indicate the type of encryption that is used if displaying "SCRAMBLED"?
The encryption indication is not tied to A/V on or off, but is not totally accurate. ie Press TV on 97W shows encrypted and is not. On the radio channels on 139W I'm not sure if there is an indication of encryption method. It shows EMM/1111 - Thompson
If you wish to look at the channels.mdb file, I would be happy to send it to you.

Most of the Dial Global audio streams are past what most receivers can grab fro the audio PIDS. I like 1208 which is the Classic Country one but I have to manually enter it in my receiver

The information contained in the attached pdf was gleaned from other sources. I created a html document for my convenience in searching it. Just printed to pdf. Seems to be accurate in the one/s I've tried, but until more leaves fall, 139 is a bit weak.
Anxiously awaiting review of the new receiver. ( I'll have to put some penny's away. my thinking now is the panny 9200 may never get caps(

Attachments

• 139°W.pdf
    144.5 KB · Views: 620
These audio feeds are well known, documented and discussed on many sites including SatelliteGuys.

Recent firmware threads compare what STBs are capable of receiving and many of these posts refer to the 139W audio channels and the inability for receivers to log.

Where should I ask this question? In a sub forum with limited member access and infrequently visited or on another site? I'll be happy to take this to a private message if it helps develop a better receiver for the hobbyists.

Anyone out there receiving the audio channels on 3951?

Actually Brian, you ASKED for people to help you beta test, and we responded. Regardless of what's done on other sites, Scott has always maintained we do not talk about things like this in an open forum. Apparently that isn't the case anymore, I am sorry for butting in. I am just trying to look out for the hobby. We are currently enjoying encrypted football games and NASCAR races on the weekends because ESPN/SPEED found Rick's site, I'd rather that not happen to radio channels a lot of us enjoy.

Those stations have been talked about in the main area for a while now and posted on lists like Mike Kohl's. Anyone who scans the satellite will get the Dial Global stuff (which I do have posted on thelist) and sees the other channels log and might ask about them.

Again Brian is looking for help on this subject. And we are trying to help him out.

The GEOSATpro microHD STB is only 5" wide x 1.25" tall x 4.5" deep and weighs 6.1 ounces.
Will be shipped with a full size remote, batteries, external power supply and 1 meter - 3.5mm AV breakout cable

very cool :)
the AV breakout cable......is that like what DIrectv is doing on their H25 unit? The H25 works fine on HDMI but if you want component you need the cable with the 10 pin DIN on one side and the cables on the other?

Those stations have been talked about in the main area for a while now and posted on lists like Mike Kohl's. Anyone who scans the satellite will get the Dial Global stuff (which I do have posted on thelist) and sees the other channels log and might ask about them.

Again Brian is looking for help on this subject. And we are trying to help him out.

Thanks Tony for clearing it up for me. You the boss, so we'll agree to disagree.

Brian, I apologize if I was out of line. And to anyone else, for that matter. I hope your receiver works out great.

Actually Brian, you ASKED for people to help you beta test, and we responded. Regardless of what's done on other sites, Scott has always maintained we do not talk about things like this in an open forum. Apparently that isn't the case anymore, I am sorry for butting in. I am just trying to look out for the hobby. We are currently enjoying encrypted football games and NASCAR races on the weekends because ESPN/SPEED found Rick's site, I'd rather that not happen to radio channels a lot of us enjoy.

I do appreciate your sincere words and best wishes!

I totally agree about discussing unpublished feed information. Loose lips, sink ships..... There is a big difference about discussing technology and posting channel names and broadcast times. I am sorry that you believe that I have broached a taboo subject. Definitely not my intent. The frequency and broadcaster that I am asking about is published in dozens of directories and sites and are discussed daily in posts related to several other firmware releases.

I am sure that the new receiver will raise that bar for FTA receivers and be a benefit to even those who buy another product.

Brian, can we see the back of the receiver?

Port configuration on the preproduction approval unit without graphics.

FactoryApproval-microHD_bac.jpg

The information contained in the attached pdf was gleaned from other sources. I created a html document for my convenience in searching it. Just printed to pdf. Seems to be accurate in the one/s I've tried, but until more leaves fall, 139 is a bit weak.
Anxiously awaiting review of the new receiver. ( I'll have to put some penny's away. my thinking now is the panny 9200 may never get caps(

I have seen this list before and it does indicate the mapping for these channels. Is anyone able to receive the channels that are listed for the 3951 Citadel transponder with a standard FTA receiver or with a PC card or is a proprietary receiver or decryption required?

very cool :)
the AV breakout cable......is that like what DIrectv is doing on their H25 unit? The H25 works fine on HDMI but if you want component you need the cable with the 10 pin DIN on one side and the cables on the other?

It is a standard 3 ring and shank 3.5mm plug with RCA plugs: composite video, left audio and right audio output. Dolby licensed and decoded on the RCA plugs.

The GEOSATpro microHD STB is only 5" wide x 1.25" tall x 4.5" deep and weighs 6.1 ounces.
Will be shipped with a full size remote, batteries, external power supply and 1 meter - 3.5mm AV breakout cable

Estimated release end of December, 2011 or first of January 2012.

Interesting... Looks to be about the size and shape of the new WDTV Live Media Player. Maybe they'll stack! ;)

Here you go. 139W will probably be at the end of the file as it was the last scan done.
View attachment 70955

Thank you for the impressive satellite data file. Wow that is a lot of data! I will cross reference the PIDs for the AMC8 3951 audio services, but on initial review it appear to provide transponder and channel data but no table data.

TSReader Standard edition works fine for me on the Citadel MUX. I don't see anything unusual about it.
There are 256 services listed. They are only active when there is programming.
If TSReader is not working for you, try Transedit. I use it all the time with the radio muxes on AMC 8 and it works fine.

TSReader Standard edition works fine for me on the Citadel MUX. I don't see anything unusual about it.
There are 256 services listed. They are only active when there is programming.
If TSReader is not working for you, try Transedit. I use it all the time with the radio muxes on AMC 8 and it works fine.

Thanks for the additional information. Encouraged by your reply I tested and found that the bench computer had a failing memory stick. Replaced and now running at full 4GB. TS Reader is now not crashing on 3951 and loading the tables and PIDS.

Still not playing the audio services with VLC, but able to record the MUX and the engineers are reviewing the TS. We had not allowed enough memory for processing the incredible number of PIDS and are increasing the memory allocation for the tables in the microHD firmware. Should be able to accommodate the additional services in the next build.

Need more trouble shooting to determine why the audio services are not playing on the PC, but now at least able to capture and study the MUX.

Last edited:
Yeah I know I have this stubborn oak out here that won't let go of its leaves!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts