New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looking at the size of that receiver, if thats the final product, I may have to build a special shelf for it someplace-I'm afraid I will lose it in all this junk I have plugged in,lol. Reminds me a little gadget I bought when I first started driving, you stuck it under the dash of the car, and it would convert your old AM-only radio to FM for cheap!

Looking at the size of that receiver, if thats the final product, I may have to build a special shelf for it someplace-I'm afraid I will lose it in all this junk I have plugged in,lol. Reminds me a little gadget I bought when I first started driving, you stuck it under the dash of the car, and it would convert your old AM-only radio to FM for cheap!

MINE was w-a-y better than that. I liked to listen to TV while I drove, ppppphhhhhh.

Photto

photto mine would do that too, but only on 1 channel, which was Birmingham's channel 6 since their audio was at the very lowest end of the FM range.

from the 1986 Rat Shack catalog ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 481
Yep FM convertors remember them well. Had more than one over the years. I even had a CB converter. Picked up CB channels 1-23 on the AM Radio. It ran on a 9 Volt transistor battery and hung on the window with a coat hanger looking bracket.
Blind

Brian, when this receiver comes out, I plan to use one in a portable case with a small DC-operated LCD screen for portable, at-the-dish metering use. Both the receiver and LCD panel should be able to be powered from a portable 12-volt battery. Have you considered developing a totally portable version of this receiver with a flip-up built-on screen for this purpose? I bet something like that would sell. I'm sure at least a few of us will put together a similar portable system :) ...

Tron said:
Brian, when this receiver comes out, I plan to use one in a portable case with a small DC-operated LCD screen for portable, at-the-dish metering use. Both the receiver and LCD panel should be able to be powered from a portable 12-volt battery. Have you considered developing a totally portable version of this receiver with a flip-up built-on screen for this purpose? I bet something like that would sell. I'm sure at least a few of us will put together a similar portable system :) ...

Great concept. Sounds like an excellent aftermarket product!

Last edited:
I may have missed the answer in all these pages of GOOD info but....

What kind of A/V connection does that little tiny single output hole accept. Composite A/V is usually 3 connectors (yellow white red). In the picture there appears to be only 1 connection. Hard to see but appears to be labeled AV Out (between the HDMI and RF IN). Is some kind of adapter needed to change to yellow/white/red?

DRCars

From what I remember it comes with a 3.5mm plug to RCA cables (red/yellow/white) or possibly component out

Tron;
Re: Post# 529, I had the same idea. It has to beat the table model TV set in the wheelbarrow and trying to hit the receiver with the remote signal while hanging on the ladder.... while keeping it in the shade so the sun doesn't wipe out the pix... I've seen 7" LCD units for under $50 that should work fine with the microHD.

..... darn, just when I was about to add a FM converter! :rolleyes:

converter heck, go with a FM transmitter!!!put it left of the PTO, that would be cool.:cool:

Whats that?
yeah yeah, just plug one in and go i know.

BTW, i use 1 of the cables from my array to send the tv signal back out to the dish. i have a battery operated tv i hook to the cable f connector . I find that if i put the signal quality up with the tv channel, sometimes i hear the channel before i see the signal and quality bars move. it helps some.

Last edited:
What kind of A/V connection does that little tiny single output hole accept. Composite A/V is usually 3 connectors (yellow white red). In the picture there appears to be only 1 connection.

Iceberg is correct. A 3.5mm to RCA composite AV (yellow/white/red) cable is included. If you need component connection, HDMI to component adapters are quite inexpensive.

Iceberg is correct. A 3.5mm to RCA composite AV (yellow/white/red) cable is included. If you need component connection, HDMI to component adapters are quite inexpensive.

Brian, perhaps it's too late, but I would (usually it happened without my push ;) ) make PCB with many connectors, for development/evaluation stage; so at time of cost reduction it would be missing some components on the PCB and connectors: like some components, like SPDIF, like eSATA, etc.
Perhaps it happen with the box too ? Then disclose what components need populate and DYI project will make happy some of us.

Tron;
Re: Post# 529, I had the same idea. It has to beat the table model TV set in the wheelbarrow and trying to hit the receiver with the remote signal while hanging on the ladder.... while keeping it in the shade so the sun doesn't wipe out the pix... I've seen 7" LCD units for under $50 that should work fine with the microHD.

I think a few of us will set up something for this purpose, and I look forward to seeing the different implementations! :)

The idea I'm kicking around now is to mount the receiver in a small, watertight tool box, possibly even a Pelican case. Inside the case would be the battery, and the lid of the case, when opened, would expose the LCD screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)