New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I've searched every .PDF on the Pro Brand/Eagle Aspen website, and have been unable to find a spec sheet on the P870+ (the FSS stacked LNB found on Superdishes). I don't know where else to search...

Many of us are using these LNBs, and it would be great if an option for them was included on the microHD. If someone has the full specifications for this LNB, please post them here!

10750/13850 stacked ;)
scans 950 - 2150

Last edited:
ynnedibanez said:
10750/13850 stacked ;)
scans 950 - 2150

We have established that some receivers are programmed that way, but is the entire range necessary to be scanned? More than happy to add LO frequencies, but we need to know the parameters.

Does the vertical scan one range and the horizontal scan the reminder? If so, what is the switch point? If this is not established, transponders would be scanned four times. If it is the expectation that scanning stacked LNBFs will always yield duplicate channels, then we will simply program both LOs to scan both polarities. Personally, I.would hate that, so would rather you guys define your request.

Last edited:
Brian do you know if you can record radio channels with it? Assume so

Also can you manually add PIDS to a channel that already will log fine. Here is what I mean (and if I remember the Micro scans more PIDS so this may be moot)
The Dial Global mux on 139W has like 35-40 audio pids. The channel logs fine on the Manhattan but only logs 20 audio pids (languages...one channel but multiple audio pids). The one I like (Classic Country) is too far down the list so the MH wont log it. I can't add it manually since the channel logs fine.

Brian - these days there are many "tail wagging the dog" developers / manufacturers producing equipment with built in obsolescence and telling us it is a must have, leaving the public to be the quality control.
How great it is to see the customers able to have discussion with the developer during the development - congratulations
I look forward to seeing the final specs and order dates.

Brian do you know if you can record radio channels with it?
Yes

Also can you manually add PIDS to a channel that already will log fine. Here is what I mean (and if I remember the Micro scans more PIDS so this may be moot)
The Dial Global mux on 139W has like 35-40 audio pids. The channel logs fine on the Manhattan but only logs 20 audio pids (languages...one channel but multiple audio pids). The one I like (Classic Country) is too far down the list so the MH wont log it. I can't add it manually since the channel logs fine.
Yes, you may manually add PIDs. Not necessary for you to manually add PIDs for Dial Global as the microHD logs all 48 audio PIDs!:D

Here is a neat feature on the microHD that some of you DVR lovers should like.....

With the Time Shift feature activated you can save to a DVR recording....

What does this mean? Say you have been watching a program for an hour and you suddenly decide that it would be a great show to DVR. Press the record button and the option is provided to save the entire archived time shift to a DVR recording..... :cool:

needed that the other night watching slywester on amc4. fantastic yodel performed. dad used to try to do it but this was fantastic. tryed to get the flashdrive in before he finished but failed... hope it's ready for my birthday. charlie

Here is a neat feature on the microHD that some of you DVR lovers should like.....

What does this mean? Say you have been watching a program for an hour and you suddenly decide that it would be a great show to DVR. Press the record button and the option is provided to save the entire archived time shift to a DVR recording..... :cool:

Thanks Brian, neat feature! It will certainly save some cable and drive swapping with the PC :D ...

This made my day:D

Ka DTV LNBF info:
LOF = 18.05 GHz; Ka-Lo: 18.3 - 18.8 GHz (IF: 250-750 MHz); Ka-Hi: 19.7 - 20.2 GHz(IF inverted; 1650-2150 MHZ)

FSS stacked LNBF: LOF1=10.75 GHz, LOF2=13.85 GHz; freq: 11.7-12.2 GHz (even tpn's IF inverted; 1650-2150 MHz)
DSS stacked LNBF: LOF1=11.25 GHz, LOF2=14.35 GHz, freq: 12.2-12.7 GHz (even tpn's IF inverted; 1650-2150 MHz)

Last edited:
Thanks for the information Smith!

Hopefully, the DSS and FSS stacked settings can be added with these extra specifications.

I wonder if there is any use for a Ka DTV setting on this receiver...

That is a nice feature. The Manhattan does that. If time shifting in either TS or PS mode, simply hit the record button. It is handy. Have a great day! :)

I wonder if there is any use for a Ka DTV setting on this receiver...

I have no idea. But on the release notes for one of the Openbox firmwares, I saw a note that they had added an LOF for an S-band LNB. I don't know who uses that either.

We could add any of the dozens of LO frequencies that have been used in the past 20+ years, but if they aren't used, why add them?

Easy to add KA high band if there are FTA services.

Has anyone verified FTA services on KA band? If so, what modulation and format?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts