New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could there be a lnb configuration that outputs 22kHz for Vertical TPs and 0 kHz for Horz TPs. LO would be 5150 and voltage output would preferably be always high (19V)?

i4tas said:
Could there be a lnb configuration that outputs 22kHz for Vertical TPs and 0 kHz for Horz TPs. LO would be 5150 and voltage output would preferably be always high (19V)?

Easily done, but what is it named in 18 characters or less? 5150 V-22/H-0/18v?

I just skimmed this entire thread and came up with a few more questions..........

Is the external power supply a wallwart, or an inline cord (similar to a laptop PS)?

What is the (unmarked) round indentation between the USB and the PS jack on the back cover?

Is it looking like the Euro-developed channel editor will be completed in time for the product release?

So this unit will power a single or dual ortho setup without the use of a modded multiswitch or power inserters?

a few comments on the geosatpro 200 receiver and changes i hope will be on the geoprohd receiver. i hope the radio and tv signals are separated. like, one button to go to tv (default) and radio on a button, much like the openbox. i would like g19k to be inline with the other satellites, instead of being alone now and then having to go through the birds to get to g19c. i hope the new geoprohd has the same tuning display as the 200. i can really use it to find satellites better than i can with my openbox.

much to my amazement, i started working on the 6' dish. i hadn't worked on it for a while because needed an actuator. finally worked on the old prosat motor because it would turn one way but not the other. took the motor completely apart, taking the armature out and drying it off, water was in it. finally got the motor back in and working, put the motor up instead of down where it had been before which made the water possible in it, and started working on the reception. i finally can get 55.5w to 137w. hope the new receiver can handle this now. anxiously awaiting it. charlie

Any chance of a dual tuner model, say the microHD x2? Single tuner doesn't work so good trying to record on one satellite and watch on another!

i hope the radio and tv signals are separated. like, one button to go to tv (default) and radio on a button, much like the openbox.
I dont mind the radio and TV in one list...that actually amkes it nice as all you have to do is channel 1000 for radio
i would like g19k to be inline with the other satellites, instead of being alone now and then having to go through the birds to get to g19c.
agreed. But the 200 is more for the Glorystar person who sets it up in G* mode and thats it. SO 97W KU has to be 1st on the list (also makes it easier for installers)

i hope the new geoprohd has the same tuning display as the 200. i can really use it to find satellites better than i can with my openbox.
from what Brian said it will have the same menu interface for the signal meter (the giant screen and bars)

walwart. The power supply is external due to the small size

Thanks, T. By "inline cord" I meant one of those supplies that has the xformer built into the cord, I knew that whatever PS it had was going to have an outboard xformer.

I like that type better just because they don't take up as much room in a power strip, as opposed to a wallwart.

Is that dang Chinese New Year over yet? ;)

I had a nice meeting with Brian yesterday, and gave him a software suggestion which had him saying "wow" and would be a great feature for satelliteguys members that like to tinker.

Can't say what it is now, but according to Brian it is very doable and something he is excited about.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Is the external power supply a wallwart, or an inline cord (similar to a laptop PS)?
Transformer is a wallwart

What is the (unmarked) round indentation between the USB and the PS jack on the back cover?
An external IR sensor for an OEM customer and possible future NA version

Is it looking like the Euro-developed channel editor will be completed in time for the product release?
The developer has placed his product on a very high pedestal and has placed an unrealistic value based on the product being desirable by the "theft of services gang". Met with the VP of development from ALI at CES and requested their assistance on providing a more featured editor. They have a few resources that we will investigate after CES is over.

So this unit will power a single or dual ortho setup without the use of a modded multiswitch or power inserters?
Yes. We have programmed an LNB configuration providing a fixed 18V output with 22KHz switching for H/V.

i hope the radio and tv signals are separated. like, one button to go to tv (default) and radio on a button
Yes it has a TV/Radio button, but I personally prefer a combined TV/Radio list as most customers are not even aware that the radio channels exist if separate lists.

i would like g19k to be inline with the other satellites, instead of being alone now and then having to go through the birds to get to g19c.
The NXP chipset of the DSR/DVR units required G19 to be in position number one in order to provide the automatic update service. The microHD does not require the updating satellite to be in a specific position in the list.

i finally can get 55.5w to 137w. hope the new receiver can handle this now.
The microHD covers +/- 60 degrees from zero. Since your longitude is 97.5, 55.5W is only 42 degrees to the east and 137W is only 39.5 degrees to the west. Any USALS capable receiver could calculate this range.

Yes. We have programmed an LNB configuration providing a fixed 18V output with 22KHz switching for H/V.

Unless I miss my guess, with that configuration, and...if the "high block" (modified, not original) Birdview 950-1450mhz LNB's can handle 18 volts vs. the 16
that used to power the LNB's, many a Birdview owner who had an IRD would have a VERY well tuned dish system using the ORIGINAL LNB! It was powered on the horizontal side only but fed H and V simultaneously from separate outputs! The switching would do the H/V! (C-band only, of course...but that's where MUCH of the programming is now!)

walwart. The power supply is external due to the small size

I think that is a great thing! If the power supply goes T.U., you don't have to try to find another internal receiver power supply like most STB's have. You just have to find another walwart that has the same specs and connector as the MicroHD which probably isn't too hard to do for the specs and splice the MicroHD power connector to it in a worst case scenario.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts