New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This really is a tease for me. My Mini has the new update but my Genie does not. I can see the menu in the mini with the color option but I can not navigate to it cause of my partial update. I wanted to force one. It it doesn’t look like any updates are in the stream as mentioned above. I even have the game recorded ugh. I wish there was a way I could get to color but I suspect until the main HR54 is updated I won’t get HdR anyway. I was kinda hoping it would have passed it thriugh but I suspect my mini doesn’t know I have HDR cause I can’t get to the test screen. Oh man I want to see HDR so bad.

The Basketball game tonight is supposed to be in HDR - RVU support would be controlled by your TV MFG - Almost makes a Case for a C61K doesn't it?

only if D* presents HDR to the RVU client in the first place...

The Game on 11/27 on channel 106 will be in HDR per-a info message from D* on my c61K -I have it set to record in case I miss it.

If you are running the New GuI -You should be able test your RVU thru the TV D* menu?

Unreal. My 4K Genie Clients received the update but my HR54 has not. So they do not see the server. Tech support says they'll have to send someone out with a new box to replace everything and gave me.. literally.. a week out! Any way to force the update? Absolutely ridiculous.

Unreal. My 4K Genie Clients received the update but my HR54 has not. So they do not see the server. Tech support says they'll have to send someone out with a new box to replace everything and gave me.. literally.. a week out! Any way to force the update? Absolutely ridiculous.
That makes zero sense. A lot of people have gotten an update on there minis but not yet on there genie

That makes zero sense. A lot of people have gotten an update on there minis but not yet on there genie

None of my minis will see the server. I've done complete power cycles on everything, hit the red reset,etc. They've even sent their refresh signals and nothing nada. Not 1 mini sees the server. I even switched out genies with the HR54 and still nothing.

None of my minis will see the server. I've done complete power cycles on everything, hit the red reset,etc. They've even sent their refresh signals and nothing nada. Not 1 mini sees the server. I even switched out genies with the HR54 and still nothing.
Switched out Genies???

Let's say it shows the old 80 UI on FW watcher, if you forced a download, would it go back to that UI, if you didn't like the new, just curious

Let's say it shows the old 80 UI on FW watcher, if you forced a download, would it go back to that UI, if you didn't like the new, just curious
Yes, but your box will soon try to update again and continue to try until it manages to get back to the new UI ...

Yes, but your box will soon try to update again and continue to try until it manages to get back to the new UI ...
10-4, so either way it'll download what I currently have now ff3, or a newer if it is released. Got ya

This really is a tease for me. My Mini has the new update but my Genie does not. I can see the menu in the mini with the color option but I can not navigate to it cause of my partial update. I wanted to force one. It it doesn’t look like any updates are in the stream as mentioned above. I even have the game recorded ugh. I wish there was a way I could get to color but I suspect until the main HR54 is updated I won’t get HdR anyway. I was kinda hoping it would have passed it thriugh but I suspect my mini doesn’t know I have HDR cause I can’t get to the test screen. Oh man I want to see HDR so bad.

I had the same thing but I did get in on the newest FF3 release the other night on my HR54 and that took care of it. I have 3 mini's and they were all partially on the new UI. I could see the color option on the left but it was not there in the main menu. As soon as my HR54 finished the update the mini's all fully switched over to the new UI. A tech coming out will not be able to do anything to fix that. Your Genie needs to get updated either by manually getting a CE release when one gets in the streams or when DTV rolls it out nationally.

Aside from that. I was looking at the first page of the thread where Scott posted some screenshots. The one really got my interest. Where did those screenshots come from??? I've added a couple of arrows on what got my attention..... Is that, could it really be, I really really want!!! To me that looks like 4K on just some random HBO channel???

NewDTVGuide.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)