New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nice clean edge at the bottom.... Now to press them harder about the stupid all channels recording...
20171118_011654.jpg

Last edited:
I have read a lot of people saying something about 3 o'clock in the morning, I downloaded it between 11- 11 30 last night

I have read a lot of people saying something about 3 o'clock in the morning, I downloaded it between 11- 11 30 last night

Friday and Saturday at 11 is the normal cutting edge (CE) download window. The 3 am download is when Directv puts stuff in the stream for specific boxes and we see it and pull it. It's more unofficial and not usually something that we wait around for. At least it's not something I usually do but recently it's all we've got from them! They hadn't put anything in the stream on Friday/Saturday nights in a while and the last time they did, the software wasn't stable.

Overall, seems fast, noticed no lag yet that I’ve noticed. I would like to be able to have more options in the accessibility section, other than closed captioning, things vision related, like be able to change background colors, increase text size overall, make guide text bigger. Also, maybe have different themes, like on Dish, you have the option for larger text, guide, and change between 2 different themes. My eyes are not great, and personally found the other UI easer to see to my eyes anyways. So would like some options in future releases.

Reactions: Wyatte74
Overall, seems fast, noticed no lag yet that I’ve noticed. I would like to be able to have more options in the accessibility section, other than closed captioning, things vision related, like be able to change background colors, increase text size overall, make guide text bigger. Also, maybe have different themes, like on Dish, you have the option for larger text, guide, and change between 2 different themes. My eyes are not great, and personally found the other UI easer to see to my eyes anyways. So would like some options in future releases.

Do you have OTA? Those channels still have a black background in the guide on the new interface and I do not understand why the whole thing isn't that way, it is much easier on the eyes. This one does seem faster so far, hopefully it's not like some of the past versions where it slowed down for me after several days.

Reactions: JoshC
Question for you guys.. Earlier this week, I believe it was around 4-5 AM Wednesday morning, I went to the Firmware watcher link and seen the FF1 update was available in green, so I forced an update on the receiver and it downloaded the FF1 software without issue. I got it all going and for some reason when I would turn the TV & receiver on, it would literally take a minute for the picture to come on, which isn't normal at all. I don't know if something went wrong with the update or if I wasn't supposed to do it or what. Directv sent me out a replacement receiver and now I'm back on the old layout and this time, I'm just going to let it update itself. I didn't see anyone else talking about running into this problem.

Question for you guys.. Earlier this week, I believe it was around 4-5 AM Wednesday morning, I went to the Firmware watcher link and seen the FF1 update was available in green, so I forced an update on the receiver and it downloaded the FF1 software without issue. I got it all going and for some reason when I would turn the TV & receiver on, it would literally take a minute for the picture to come on, which isn't normal at all. I don't know if something went wrong with the update or if I wasn't supposed to do it or what. Directv sent me out a replacement receiver and now I'm back on the old layout and this time, I'm just going to let it update itself. I didn't see anyone else talking about running into this problem.
I would suggest you get the FF3 update it's much improved over the FFI that is rolling out -sooner or later the NEW GUI will be forced on you anyway - go get it tonight! it's zippie

Reactions: JoshC
Did you happen to re boot the recvr after that happened and see what it was like ?

Did you happen to re boot the recvr after that happened and see what it was like ?
Yeah, I reset the receiver 2-3 times and it didn't change a thing. It was very annoying. I don't think I did anything wrong but it definitely messed the receiver up.

I would suggest you get the FF3 update it's much improved over the FFI that is rolling out -sooner or later the NEW GUI will be forced on you anyway - go get it tonight! it's zippie
Why does it keep changing? Just a few days ago it was FF1, now it's FF3. What is it going to be in a few days? Lol. I'm just scared to force another update now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)