New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i would add for the (3) restarts in a row - wait for tv pic to come back then (red) button whack it--starting with the TV pic on 1st wack - then continue 2 & 3 :)

I agree-That's how I do it as well using Clearmybox - I was just adding to the comment above my replay for a 3 red button reset and how to do it - kinda tongue in cheek in a typing kinda way

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Ones for regular software, the other for beta software.
Yeah ...

When you formally participate in the beta-testing program on Edgecutter.com you need to use a number of different items for sending test reports back to DIRECTV listed under a special "Misc. Options" catagory you can activate to display under Menu items.

To prevent the Misc. Options catagory from annoyingly disappearing after a clearmybox double-restart procedure, you use clearmybox2 instead.

I'd just restart the box 3 times in a row or do the CLEARMYBOX in the search and it will reboot and should reload them. If you choose to restart your box 3 times in a row, make sure you do them in a row and not let the box sit for a while after each reset.
It is two times in a row and they just have to be within 30 min of each other

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Restart the receiver (when the "BLUE" light goes dark) upon the first sign of the blue light(re-boot) from the remote (using IR remote*) point it at the receiver "Press" 0 2 4 6 8

*I find using a IR remote gets better results - if you miss it and it starts boot up- press the red button and try again
This assumes the new software is in the queue for downloading. Otherwise you will get the previous national release.

they just asked HOW to do it- not when
That's correct, but I didn't want the poster thinking he would necessarily be getting the new software. Jimbo, can you post a link that shows when the new software is in the queue? Pretty sure you have it.

Reactions: vazhog
Firmware watched has shown 0x1FFC available for short periods of time today, but only for the HR54-500.

Last edited:
Seems like weve been at FFC for a long time now ... not complaining as its working pretty well, but after giving us new software most weekends ....
I know its because of the Holidays, probably be one this weekend.

Seems like weve been at FFC for a long time now ... not complaining as its working pretty well, but after giving us new software most weekends ....
I know its because of the Holidays, probably be one this weekend.

0x1001 has been rolling out between 3 am and 7 am ET since January 4th.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
I've Been on FFC since 12/2/17 - The holidays have been going on for a very long time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts