New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmm - might we have a rollback? There is an 0xfee in the occasional stream now, and it's the old GUI.

I have the 54-700 and its in yellow (0x0d80)
0x0D80 is the old National Release (or "NR"). If you want to upgrade to the new NR with the new UI, you'll have to wait until you see version 0x0FED is in the stream and shaded in green. Usually between 6-9 AM EST. Mon.-Thurs.

And then preform the 0-2-4-6-8 remote control keypress at the first bootup screen after restarting the receiver

Reactions: bgothard72
not sure where you get this 6-9am stuff, but mine ALWAYS updates at 3:39am Eastern.

still not happy with the new settings either. As mentioned here already, when ever you set a show to record now, it does so from "ALL CHANNELS". My original series are still channel specific, but every new one I've tried goes to All Channels. This HAS to be FIXED!!! As does the series manager....every time I just enter to see them, 1 or more of the shows duplicates and I just can't get rid of the double, or delete the show completely. I have to go in to the specific series setting and "cancel series" from there.
Also, the new update shuts off the Dolby sound setting to OFF!!! You have to go back in and change it again to ON.

there's posts on the ATT/Directv forum that with all the complaints, the old GUI is going to be reinstated, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. Possibly if we all keep calling and complaining, maybe something good will happen?

Last edited:
Two complaints with this.

1- I can no longer easily see the air date in the playlist. I now have to press info to get it. This extra step is really annoying.

2- the animated scrolling adds an unnecessary lag when paging through the playlist. Yes it’s pretty but I just want to find a program and not wait for the effects. - I wonder if this scrolling effect can be turned off?

Reactions: Marcingak
Two complaints with this.

1- I can no longer easily see the air date in the playlist. I now have to press info to get it. This extra step is really annoying.

2- the animated scrolling adds an unnecessary lag when paging through the playlist. Yes it’s pretty but I just want to find a program and not wait for the effects. - I wonder if this scrolling effect can be turned off?

1. It wasn't there at all in the earliest releases of the new UI. It's about the only thing that whining got resolved.
2. Nope, you can only turn the scrolling effects off for the guide.

Reactions: JGD9
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! who says you can't go back!!!!!!!!!!! The update in the stream now is 0x0D80, so I decided to try and force an update, and in less than 5 seconds it found the one listed here, updated, and now I have all my OLD GUI back!!!! Hope it's not just temporary!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! who says you can't go back!!!!!!!!!!! The update in the stream now is 0x0D80, so I decided to try and force an update, and in less than 5 seconds it found the one listed here, updated, and now I have all my OLD GUI back!!!! Hope it's not just temporary!!!
It will be temporary ...

As your box is going to attempt to update again. And once the staged rollout of the new UI is complete, it will be placed in the stream 24/7 completely replacing 0x08D0, and there's no going back to the old UI at all. Not even temporarily....

Curious, did you lose the recordings you made since then ?

It will be temporary ...

As your box is going to attempt to update again. And once the staged rollout of the new UI is complete, it will be placed in the stream 24/7 completely replacing 0x08D0, and there's no going back to the old UI at all. Not even temporarily....
I think they could have changed to the colors they have now and kept the rest the same, would have been great.

It will be temporary ...

you could be right, but I've never found an update before that would allow to go back to a previous one, and this time it did. It found it as a NEW Software, but I guess time will tell.

you could be right, but I've never found an update before that would allow to go back to a previous one, and this time it did. It found it as a NEW Software, but I guess time will tell.

Time will tell that it will be temporary. Anything it finds will always be NEW as D80 is new compared to FED or FEB. It isn't new as in the new guide, it is just new as in different. Sorry to burst your bubble. This is not new, you have always been able to do this if you timed it correctly early in the releases.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts