New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CE = Beta, if one doesn't want BETA then they need to download from 3 AM to 7 AM ET during the week which as of last week was 0X1037. There are risks with BETA as with any software carries, if folks are looking to download it they must accept the responsibility. Honesty there is nothing wrong with 0X1037, everything works just fine. The only thing in the latest CE I see is slight guide improvements and note there are some reported minor guide issues showing up. For the general population these issues are not worth dealing with and are CE side effects. So I highly recommend the general population causally reading this thread stuck on the old GUI for example to only update to the current early morning releases of the new GUI which at the current time is 0X1037. Now I don't mind testing, I already do it for many other applications / services so I am very familiar with the pitfalls it comes with. I am just expressing what I am reading above and it's easier to speak freely here as noted by ebj1980 when dealing with issues and or experiences of such. I post to help others who ask for help or want to learn etc.

So when folks preform the clearmybox it removes the CE servers that is one reason the "misc" disappears. Clearmybox 2 does not remove it but I know many of us have clear of the last few weeks trying to get the logos to reload as well as the other issues like on-deamnd. One thing to check is to do a speedtest and make sure you get an 88 as the first part of the code. The on-demand can take a few hours to return too, for me I think it was about 3 hours but can't remember. The posters take the longest (pictures along side the shows), they are slow to populate as they trickle in.

It does appear in the latest CE's without enabling " IAMANEDGECUTTER" there is a good chance no logos, posters or on-demand working.

I think we have solved the mystery for the most part.

Last edited:
I got 1077 this morning. It looks like they fixed scrolling through the playlist fixed where it used to skip past the bottom item after the second scroll. BUT...now scrolling through the guide, the blue highlighter that shows what program you are looking at disappears. This happens using up/down or “CH” scrolling buttons. If this has been mentioned, ban me.

Edit: In the guide, using the left and right buttons makes the blue highlight go missing as well.

Edit II: A simple reset of the receiver got the blue highlight back in the guide.

Edit III: Blue highlight gone again.

After a second reset (red button this time) blue highlighting in the guide is working normally. Also, all logos are are back.

Signed:
Chicken Little

Reactions: raoul5788
CE = Beta, if one doesn't want BETA then they need to download from 3 AM to 7 AM ET during the week which as of last week was 0X1037. There are risks with BETA as with any software carries, if folks are looking to download it they must accept the responsibility. Honesty there is nothing wrong with 0X1037, everything works just fine. The only thing in the latest CE I see is slight guide improvements and note there are some reported minor guide issues showing up. For the general population these issues are not worth dealing with and are CE side effects. So I highly recommend the general population causally reading this thread stuck on the old GUI for example to only update to the current early morning releases of the new GUI which at the current time is 0X1037. Now I don't mind testing, I already do it for many other applications / services so I am very familiar with the pitfalls it comes with. I am just expressing what I am reading above and it's easier to speak freely here as noted by ebj1980 when dealing with issues and or experiences of such. I post to help others who ask for help or want to learn etc.

So when folks preform the clearmybox it removes the CE servers that is one reason the "misc" disappears. Clearmybox 2 does not remove it but I know many of us have clear of the last few weeks trying to get the logos to reload as well as the other issues like on-deamnd. One thing to check is to do a speedtest and make sure you get an 88 as the first part of the code. The on-demand can take a few hours to return too, for me I think it was about 3 hours but can't remember. The posters take the longest (pictures along side the shows), they are slow to populate as they trickle in.

It does appear in the latest CE's without enabling " IAMANEDGECUTTER" there is a good chance no logos, posters or on-demand working.

I think we have solved the mystery for the most part.
Personally, anyone that doesn't want to test should not be using the 3-7 am software either ....
We REALLY don't know who the 3-7 am software is actually designed for, it not designed for us period, we just happen to know enough to go get it ... we have just as high of a risk d/ling the 3-7 as we do the CE software.

Fwiw, and no one has mentioned it in a long time that I have seen is that if your running CE software and you have an issue come up "Do NOT call the D* CSR's" as they don't know anything about it.

Another tidbit ....
The Clearmybox 2 is ONLY for those using the CE software, otherwise use the Clearmybox

Personally, anyone that doesn't want to test should not be using the 3-7 am software either ....
We REALLY don't know who the 3-7 am software is actually designed for, it not designed for us period, we just happen to know enough to go get it ... we have just as high of a risk d/ling the 3-7 as we do the CE software.

Fwiw, and no one has mentioned it in a long time that I have seen is that if your running CE software and you have an issue come up "Do NOT call the D* CSR's" as they don't know anything about it.

Another tidbit ....
The Clearmybox 2 is ONLY for those using the CE software, otherwise use the Clearmybox
The 3-7am software is what is pushed to us everyday folk during a rollout

I would agree, it's getting pushed by DTV to many customers as reported on other general forums and here too I think. Plus 0X1037 is in the stream daily for a few HR's and the HS-17, that should indicate that's it's "National Release" but nothing is official or published by DTV as such. Most of what we know is really just what we read on the forums. Updating if for anyone who wants to update to the new GUI who hasn't been pushed or anyone who is on an older firmware version that is buggy. I think we all agree X1037 is the best route to go, no real issues, bigger logos and a lot less sluggish then previous releases of the new GUI. I am sure there folks stuck on 1001 or older, each had a slew of issues such as freezing, slow menus etc. Now CE is a different matter and I have said many times that is for a different set of folks who are willing to go with betas and the pitfalls of it etc.

To a certain degree, yes, difference being that D* sends a new update to subs recvrs once in a while when everything is working to the bast that can be expected ... again, those come out once in a while ...
These 3-7 downloads are available almost every early am.

Its not the same thing, but it is during that same time frame over night.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I wish I had posted a pic when they added RSN logos last week just to take them away the next day. Today I noticed that NBC Sports Boston and Washington now have logos.
20180327_170215.jpg

I know in the very first post in October Scott said it would take about 14 weeks for the national roll out. Any new news when everyone would get the new UI? (Without doing it themselves)

I know in the very first post in October Scott said it would take about 14 weeks for the national roll out. Any new news when everyone would get the new UI? (Without doing it themselves)
Its on a lot of subs already ... Most of the D* recvrs I see daily have the new GUI already.

Just got mine a few minutes ago ...

But have already had the new UI for months on my HR54 with the latest NR now 0x1037.
I don't believe they have any way of knowing if your d/ling other software on your own ... and they wouldn't look at every recvr to find out which ones have.

I have Never received an email from D* about something like this.

I got the same email this morning.

I got that email today also, but i already downloaded it on my own. Had 1077, went back to 1037, seems like that’s the one that’s staying around. Still have the misc options under the settings that wasn’t there before i did the “IAMANEDGECUTTER” search, so if they actually send it to me, rather than me doing anything else, not sure if that option will go away or not.

I got that email today also, but i already downloaded it on my own. Had 1077, went back to 1037, seems like that’s the one that’s staying around. Still have the misc options under the settings that wasn’t there before i did the “IAMANEDGECUTTER” search, so if they actually send it to me, rather than me doing anything else, not sure if that option will go away or not.
The IAMANEDGECUTTER search is what brings the Misc Options ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts