New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a HR54-700 i like the Logos..I just went back to the OLD UI ending in 8f i think, and will try the 1077 again tonight, and see if anything different happens, if not, I’ll got back to 1037, we shall see.

The logos, posters and on-demand all returned for me (HR54-200), but I did enable after the update via a smart search "IAMANEDGECUTTER" as this enables different backend servers to connect to for the logos etc. Give it a try if they do not return for you, also make sure you see misc as the last menu option after settings after the search. I also rebooted once but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

The logos, posters and on-demand all returned for me (HR54-200), but I did enable after the update via a smart search "IAMANEDGECUTTER" as this enables different backend servers to connect to for the logos etc. Give it a try if they do not return for you, also make sure you see misc as the last menu option after settings after the search. I also rebooted once but I doubt that had anything to do with it.
Don't you leave the code in there all along ?
I do it once and leave it, as long as I have the Misc menu, I'm good.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I got 1077 this morning. It looks like they fixed scrolling through the playlist fixed where it used to skip past the bottom item after the second scroll. BUT...now scrolling through the guide, the blue highlighter that shows what program you are looking at disappears. This happens using up/down or “CH” scrolling buttons. If this has been mentioned, ban me.

Edit: In the guide, using the left and right buttons makes the blue highlight go missing as well.

Edit II: A simple reset of the receiver got the blue highlight back in the guide.

Edit III: Blue highlight gone again.

Last edited:

And the logos have finally come back after doing "IAMANEDGECUTTER". Thank you Techiefan! It only took about 30 minutes for them to come back.

How do you do the IAMANEDGECUTTER, just type in search box, and hit enter button, is there any thing that happens after you hit enter?

Did IAMANEDGECUTTER and logos came back within an hour or so. Still no ondemand after several hours. How long before that will come back? I did a reboot also. Thanks

Just to be clear here ...

After d/l'ing a CE, still preform the "IAMANEDGECUTTER" search procedure again even if the "Misc. Options" catagory is already showing?

You were all supposed to have entered that code in there BEFORE ever downloading the CE software. That's assumed knowledge from the CE program, sorry for not mentioning it sooner. Jimbo, they never entered it mostly. You're right, if you've entered it once, you shouldn't have to re-enter it. If the misc menu is there once it should stay there. I have entered it once ever per receiver, it even survived the great timer/series link and recordings crash last year from this software.

Reactions: Jimbo
The misc menu allows you to send error reports to Directv, which is the entire point of the CE software...

You can only do that on the actual CE forum, which can be very hostile, but a few of us are there and will be nice to you! Little mix-ups like this is yet ANOTHER reason they should have never taken the CE program its own forum and kept all the rules and updates here, but things change...

Another thing, people on that forum DO have problems with the logos and stuff, too, but it seems even some of them weren't putting in the code. I had about a month that I didn't have logos and stuff, but those were widespread among people entering the code and it did stop. Downloading the CE version and then the early morning version back to back to back MIGHT play a role in confusing the different internal routes the receiver takes. I don't know that for sure, but I certainly wouldn't do it.

I'm "arrogant" for saying it apparently but this isn't hard to understand. The CE software SEPARATE software from everything else they do. It is ONLY released Friday and Saturday nights at 11pm ET. They don't do it every week anymore as of last year, so you have to check on the CE site. The stuff they do in the morning might be the same software but it's not intended for the CE people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbo

Thank you! Downloaded 1077 on Friday. I did the IAMANEDGECUTTER search and the logos still did not come back, so I did a red button reboot and about an hour later I now have logos. VOD already downloaded does not play back. I think the playback bar looks a little cleaner than 1037, but I hate the black background shading. Whole family dislikes the recording list with the big blue hi lighted description box. While scrolling is very smooth, the format is clunky and it takes much longer to find the program you are looking for. It takes a moment to reorient what you are looking at each time you page down. Other than that, we all like the new interface. I also wish the sort order would stick rather than having to push 0 each time I want to look at list alphabetically.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)