New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, Friday 11 PM ET to 3 AM ET and Saturday 11 PM ET to 3 AM ET are CE (BETA) and not every week but many weeks. During the week is what they refer to as current release which is not Beta, this is Monday - Friday 3 AM to 7 AM ET. Unless you understand what CE is and the risk it carries I suggest for anyone reading this and updating to stick with current releases in the weekday window.
7am to about 3am would be the National Release (NR)

I would not consider 3am -7am as a current release

I believe that the 3am to 7am window is a time frame that they push a variety of updates to specific areas, to see how what they are working on may work ... I think its designed to go to maybe employees and other testers that they are aware of.

I don't think its intended to go to the avg user at all.

Reactions: RandallA
7am to about 3am would be the National Release (NR)

I would not consider 3am -7am as a current release

I believe that the 3am to 7am window is a time frame that they push a variety of updates to specific areas, to see how what they are working on may work ... I think its designed to go to maybe employees and other testers that they are aware of.

I don't think its intended to go to the avg user at all.
No. 3-7 am is when they push updates to all boxes. How they select which once’s is a mystery but all firmware updates happen during that time frame. If you are not on a CE and didn’t pull it during the day. Check the time your boxe last updated. Mine was x1037 at 3:57am

No. 3-7 am is when they push updates to all boxes. How they select which once’s is a mystery but all firmware updates happen during that time frame. If you are not on a CE and didn’t pull it during the day. Check the time your boxe last updated. Mine was x1037 at 3:57am
I understand that ...
"I believe that the 3am to 7am window is a time frame that they push a variety of updates to specific areas"

Yes, D* has always sent updates out in that 4-6am time frame.

I understand that ...
"I believe that the 3am to 7am window is a time frame that they push a variety of updates to specific areas"

Yes, D* has always sent updates out in that 4-6am time frame.

Wow, didn't mean to start a big debate. :)

Just my 2 cents. Over the weekend on Saturday morning around 12:30 am CDT I pulled the 0x1075 update to my HR44-700 receiver and neither the logos or on demand worked. So last night, Monday morning, I actually woke up around 3 am CDT to let my dog out and decided to check redh.com and noticed 0x1037 was listed for my reciver. So far my logos, on demand and even the dvr to go feature is working with 0x1037.

So I guess the CE or "alpha" versions are available Friday 11 PM ET to 3 AM ET and Saturday 11 PM ET to 3 AM ET, and the 'beta" or maybe more stable beta version is available from Monday - Friday 3 AM to 7 AM ET. I am sure I am using the wrong terminoligy for beta an alpha.

Wow, didn't mean to start a big debate. :)

Just my 2 cents. Over the weekend on Saturday morning around 12:30 am CDT I pulled the 0x1075 update to my HR44-700 receiver and neither the logos or on demand worked. So last night, Monday morning, I actually woke up around 3 am CDT to let my dog out and decided to check redh.com and noticed 0x1037 was listed for my reciver. So far my logos, on demand and even the dvr to go feature is working with 0x1037.

So I guess the CE or "alpha" versions are available Friday 11 PM ET to 3 AM ET and Saturday 11 PM ET to 3 AM ET, and the 'beta" or maybe more stable beta version is available from Monday - Friday 3 AM to 7 AM ET. I am sure I am using the wrong terminoligy for beta an alpha.
That was why I said in my post "Long Debated" so all of us are really just giving our 2 cents because unless it's documented directly from DTV it's all second hand. With that said, as I understand it anything during the daytime is National Release and with that said 1037 is in the stream daily during daytime for many receives so that would indicate it's NR. We all agree what CE is (Beta) and only on the weekends, I would't call anything we are seeing Alpha, that should be for DTV engineering only and not released for our updating.

Doesn't really matter in the end, so far 1037 has been rock solid and it's the last update with any major changes as far as I can see (Larger Logo's). In last few CE's I haven't seen anything improve or any drastic changes except for the negative of losing the logo's / on demand for some folks and not all which has been talked about already.

M - F 3 AM to 7 AM is 0X1037 (call it what you want) National or current newest general release
Friday 11 PM to 3 AM and Saturday 11 PM to 3 AM (CE) office title and last was 0X1075

Hopefully this weeks CE addresses the logo / on demand issue and puts that one to bed.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
CE has ALWAYS been Friday and Saturday at 11pm, when they announce it. Special releases are early morning meant for a certain group of receivers (like employees, certain customers, etc). NR is what you get when you install a receiver like a new customer, and is the software that is there most of the time. It's not that difficult to understand or figure out. It's been this way for years. You can pull the software anytime you want if it is available for your receiver, if red H is working (rarely it seems), but why is something so simple confusing people?

folks, no different than any other forum so it's just leave it at that and stop there.

We agree on the following
M - F 3 AM to 7 AM currently is 0X1037 (call it what you want for whoever you want) National or current newest general release doesn't matter in the end
Not every but many Friday's 11 PM to 3 AM and Saturday's 11 PM to 3 AM are (CE) and the last revision was 0X1075

Last edited:
folks, no different than any other forum so it's just leave it at that and stop there.

We agree on the following
M - F 3 AM to 7 AM currently is 0X1037 (call it what you want for whoever you want) National or current newest general release doesn't matter in the end
Not every but many Friday's 11 PM to 3 AM and Saturday's 11 PM to 3 AM is (CE) and the last revision was 0X1075
Fwiw, until this past 6 months, we've had CE software to download every Friday/Sat since 2006, with exceptions every so often .... I'd say probably 98% of the time during that time frame.

Reactions: Techiefan
A minor thing...
Some people don't care about the logos on the guide. I understand that. I used to want them, but now that I see them all the time they can be distracting. BUT, if you're going to put them on the guide, do it right. Having them there is better, to me, than listing the channel name twice. The logos in the 600s are messy; many are missing, some are old, some are wrong. Yesterday, I noticed that the logos for the AT&T Sports Net channels and Root Sports 687 appeared finally, but today they are gone again. Did anyone else see that?

Another thing...
The teams on the SEC network posters are always backwards. If it's Team X @ Team Y, the poster will show Team Y @ Team X, does anyone else see that?

A minor thing...
Some people don't care about the logos on the guide. I understand that. I used to want them, but now that I see them all the time they can be distracting. BUT, if you're going to put them on the guide, do it right. Having them there is better, to me, than listing the channel name twice. The logos in the 600s are messy; many are missing, some are old, some are wrong. Yesterday, I noticed that the logos for the AT&T Sports Net channels and Root Sports 687 appeared finally, but today they are gone again. Did anyone else see that?

Another thing...
The teams on the SEC network posters are always backwards. If it's Team X @ Team Y, the poster will show Team Y @ Team X, does anyone else see that?
Yep I noticed the logos are gone on 687 today and they were there

Reactions: Techiefan
I watch the Astros on 674 used to be Root Sports SW when i first got DTV, then they changed it to ATT, the ROOT had a logo back then, the ATT never has a logo since the change that I’m aware off, just says ATSWHD in regular text, no nice logo

I watch the Astros on 674 used to be Root Sports SW when i first got DTV, then they changed it to ATT, the ROOT had a logo back then, the ATT never has a logo since the change that I’m aware off, just says ATSWHD in regular text, no nice logo

That's what I was saying... Tuesday, the AT&T channels, including 674, had the logos added, but they were only there for less than one day. AT&T RM alternate (the Utah Jazz alternate) still has the logo now.
687-1 (Root RW alt) can be filed under the "wrong logo" category I mentioned as they put the AT&T logo there incorrectly a long time ago. Also on Tuesday, 687 Root RW (the main channel) got the Root logo again on the new guide, but it is gone too. I meant to take a pic, but my phone was charging and they were gone Wednesday afternoon when I looked again. Like I said, the logos don't really matter - but it looks bad if they are not complete and consistent.

You would think Directv's own RSNs would at least have logos on their own guide!

That's what I was saying... Tuesday, the AT&T channels, including 674, had the logos added, but they were only there for less than one day. AT&T RM alternate (the Utah Jazz alternate) still has the logo now.
687-1 (Root RW alt) can be filed under the "wrong logo" category I mentioned as they put the AT&T logo there incorrectly a long time ago. Also on Tuesday, 687 Root RW (the main channel) got the Root logo again on the new guide, but it is gone too. I meant to take a pic, but my phone was charging and they were gone Wednesday afternoon when I looked again. Like I said, the logos don't really matter - but it looks bad if they are not complete and consistent.

You would think Directv's own RSNs would at least have logos on their own guide!
Directv has it's own RSN ?
What teams do they own ?

Not to muddy the topic but why is every other channel in the 200 - 400 dedicated informercial channels? I think they are growing by the day and they kill the look of the guide since they are just DTV logo's. Just makes going through the guide which is already kinda slow even more tedious? Am I the only one.

They have a few RSNs... look at the link above and scroll to the AT&T Sports Net and Root Sports section.
Interesting ....
I may have missed it, but they do have AT&T Stadium (Dallas) but I don't see teams listed in that area ... you'd think if they owned the stadium, they'd have teams that they are involved with in that area.

My mistake, I don't think they own the Stadium, just advertising wise.

Same way with the SF Giants ....

Not to muddy the topic but why is every other channel in the 200 - 400 dedicated informercial channels? I think they are growing by the day and they kill the look of the guide since they are just DTV logo's. Just makes going through the guide which is already kinda slow even more tedious? Am I the only one.

Nope, you're not. I can't stand it. Those channel mostly pay to be on the lineup so maybe they lower our bills by 5¢ haha but... yeah... annoying. I made a favorites list that includes everything I subscribe to, even if I don't watch it, but none of the filler - it skips 71-201 and all the "logoless" infomercial channels you speak of, as well as all the "channels I get" errors, rarely used RSN alternates, and the like. It's great for those of us OCD folks who don't like clutter. I did this the first night I had Directv.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.