New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Should only need a Clearmybox 2, the other one is not necessary.
I agree it is not necessary and never was. I am not sure who started this. You can achieve the same thing also by getting into the diagnostics and running a clear cache. Logos and on demand should restore within hours if you are not recording or watching tv from a clearmybox. If it doesn’t it isn’t coming back until you get new firm ware.

1075 seems a lot faster to me though. Besides the logos not showing, I like it.

I had this problem with 1001 where it wouldn't ever download the logos. I had to go back to the older style software to get the logos to reappear and get on demand to work. Looks like 1075 may be doing the same thing.

I had a 87 when I originally tested, but I had everything working ... so does the 87 and 88 have anything to do with this particular issue ?
That is what I am trying to track down, I have also seen other suggestions too but nothing confirmed yet. Something is up, but I don't know what changed network wise from 1037 to 1071 but I suspect something did. Feature request would be to expand support for on-demand testing beyond a speed test. I had lost the on-demand in the past on other CE, not sure why it comes and goes.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I agree it is not necessary and never was. I am not sure who started this. You can achieve the same thing also by getting into the diagnostics and running a clear cache. Logos and on demand should restore within hours if you are not recording or watching tv from a clearmybox. If it doesn’t it isn’t coming back until you get new firm ware.
Was suggested on edgeC, but you are right and it was suggested not to be watching anything or recording, but honestly the system should know how to update when available, one should not have to go through these hoops to get it to work. I want to note that I did the same things I did for each update to 37 with no issues with getting logos back, on 71 it never came back, 73 no different etc.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this but i suspect in future releases they will nip this issue and it's a thing of the past. We are not alone and I am sure these issues are known, just need to be worked out. For now one can wait for the next firmware as you noted.

I did clearmybox 2 last night and no logos still. Just wondering if the logos affect performance when viewing the guide and they removed them. But again, some people have them.

I did clearmybox 2 last night and no logos still. Just wondering if the logos affect performance when viewing the guide and they removed them. But again, some people have them.
Nah ...

It's a side effect of the FW upgrade which temporarily causes the loss of logos and VOD (TV apps use to regularly go out as well after major update).

The mystery is that on some of the CE releases the process hangs-up and the logos and/or VOD never return for some testers over the following week.

Was suggested on edgeC, but you are right and it was suggested not to be watching anything or recording, but honestly the system should know how to update when available, one should not have to go through these hoops to get it to work. I want to note that I did the same things I did for each update to 37 with no issues with getting logos back, on 71 it never came back, 73 no different etc.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this but i suspect in future releases they will nip this issue and it's a thing of the past. We are not alone and I am sure these issues are known, just need to be worked out. For now one can wait for the next firmware as you noted.
This isn’t new to the new GUI. The older one would have the same issues with on demand and mobile dvr . This has been an issue for years

This isn’t new to the new GUI. The older one would have the same issues with on demand and mobile dvr . This has been an issue for years
Oh yeah ...

Forgot about the MDVR's former penchant for disappearing as well with FW updates. And sometimes would not reappear after d/l'ing some CE versions.

Are the firmware updates that are available Friday and Saturday night different than the night updates Monday thru Thursday?
Yes, Friday 11 PM ET to 3 AM ET and Saturday 11 PM ET to 3 AM ET are CE (BETA) and not every week but many weeks. During the week is what they refer to as current release which is not Beta, this is Monday - Friday 3 AM to 7 AM ET. Unless you understand what CE is and the risk it carries I suggest for anyone reading this and updating to stick with current releases in the weekday window.

I went back 1037 this morning, left the house, just got back, and the logos are back, sadly, my Ond Demand, Rewind from beginning dont work anyways, says connection speed is to slow..even though i have no issues with Netflix, YouTube, or anything like that. I just watch On Demand stuff on my Apple Tv

I went back 1037 this morning, left the house, just got back, and the logos are back, sadly, my Ond Demand, Rewind from beginning dont work anyways, says connection speed is to slow..even though i have no issues with Netflix, YouTube, or anything like that. I just watch On Demand stuff on my Apple Tv
May need a reboot

Ive rebooted it many times, and it never works , it seems like it did when i first got it, but not it doesnt, i can turn to a channel, and hit rewind button, and it starts going back, then stops and says my connection is to slow

Ive rebooted it many times, and it never works , it seems like it did when i first got it, but not it doesnt, i can turn to a channel, and hit rewind button, and it starts going back, then stops and says my connection is to slow
when was the last time you rebooted your router?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)