New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mainly 1037 was the last NR with the channel logos. 1040 was the first of the NRs without logos.

Big difference is that you can scroll much faster in the guide now but have to pay attention closer to which channel it is. Plus and minus I guess, but for me scrolling faster is more preferred in my household.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Wouldn't they send out the cable truck at the same time electric truck to repair the lines at the same time if a pole gets knocked down by a storm.

Electrical work always takes precedence, because others can't work around potentially live electric wires. Plus the cable lines won't work without electric (the fiber component needs electricity for the amplifiers) so how would they test it?

Electrical work always takes precedence, because others can't work around potentially live electric wires. Plus the cable lines won't work without electric (the fiber component needs electricity for the amplifiers) so how would they test it?

Good point!

Last edited:
1088 is just an improved version of 1040. ...

What specific improvements are unknown (as usual) other than as listed "under the hood."

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Wonder if we will see CE this weekend with the upcoming holiday

Fwiw, 0x10F9 is in the stream at the moment for the HR44-700

Would that be tonights CE?

Actually, the Redh site shows it in there now, I tried to load it, figuring that if theres issues I could always change tonight ....

However, it looks like it is gone now as my d/l is showing the 1037, so I stopped the d/l.

Well see whats in store tonight.

Make that tomorrow night ...

Last edited:

Actually, the Redh site shows it in there now, I tried to load it, figuring that if theres issues I could always change tonight ....

However, it looks like it is gone now as my d/l is showing the 1037, so I stopped the d/l.

I do see a new client version in the stream every morning, it's 0X100F, this time across all clients.

I am sad like the rest, no CE this weekend :(

I am guessing the Holiday is to blame and maybe they are catching up since releasing 1088 to the masses.

Last night around 11 PM I has seen what looked like beta for the H44 but was the same as you had seen, so something is in the works but not ready for CE release yet. Next week for sure!

I am sad like the rest, no CE this weekend :(

I am guessing the Holiday is to blame and maybe they are catching up since releasing 1088 to the masses.

Last night around 11 PM I has seen what looked like beta for the H44 but was the same as you had seen, so something is in the works but not ready for CE release yet. Next week for sure!

I checked around 630am ET this morning on my hr54-700 and it tried to download 1037 again so I stopped the download. I currently have 1088, which has been working fine so far.

I checked around 630am ET this morning on my hr54-700 and it tried to download 1037 again so I stopped the download. I currently have 1088, which has been working fine so far.
:welcome to Satelliteguys jct21!

Reactions: Techiefan
Maybe I missed you saying this but it's easier to use RedH to know what is in the stream vs forcing an update to check. If RedH is down that's the backup method :)

Going to have to wait till next weekend for hopes of a CE update unless DTV just pushes something new during the week in place of 1088 (RARE). This is not you're fathers CE these days, it's a new regime driven by AT&T with little information as to what changes are taking place behind the scenes from update to update.

Maybe I missed you saying this but it's easier to use RedH to know what is in the stream vs forcing an update to check. If RedH is down that's the backup method :)

Going to have to wait till next weekend for hopes of a CE update unless DTV just pushes something new during the week in place of 1088 (RARE). This is not you're fathers CE these days, it's a new regime driven by AT&T with little information as to what changes are taking place behind the scenes from update to update.
Do you remember back when they use to do them mid week .... think it was Tuesdays .... before the CE got big.

Great right to the point

Fiber ... needs electric to work ?
More than likely the power to run it comes from a source elsewhere, like the equipment feeding it.

I can't see needing an electrical connection at each node.

The fiber itself shouldn't need any power, its just light as far as I know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts