New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
personally I HATE the new upgrade!!!! It's hard to read, and yes I'm a senior; we've lost the ability to use a 4 channel method in the guide (0501) which eliminates any delay in moving within it since the 0 is now used to "change favorites"; in cast and crew you no longer see the actors place or year of birth; picking a choice from the recorded "list" is a REAL PAIN!!!; channel switching now takes forever; and many other issues I'm sure to find yet being at it for only the evening. This whole upgrade just SUCKS!!!!! and for what...4K which after 2 years is still USELESS with Directv!!!! or the little beanie boppers that will watch their TV on a phone!!!! again, how useless!!!! For the $250/mth I'm paying them, things should be getting a WHOLE LOT BETTER!!!! NOT WORSE!!!! Time to change!!! unless of course they give me a big discount when I call in!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: rapidturtle
Im curious; how do they roll out any upgrades? Is it by region? Whatever receiver one has? I've got the HR 54 with 1 C61 and 3 C41's.

There doesn't appear a way to remove programs from series recording . I go into manage recordings and it will only allow me to remove upcoming programs that appear in the guide . I have several shows that are longer broadcast that I want to remove from the series recording list . Am I missing something or did they mess up ?

Reactions: montg33
well after one night of watching TV, it sure has slowed my Genie down in a number of areas, with menus hanging and a lot more waiting for things to happen. and trying to watch a recorded sports game now with use of the 30 second skip is a REAL pain too with the bottom banner taking up so much of the screen now :( I really don't think the designer of this new interface has ever sat down to even watch Directv and experienced this CRAP of an interface!!!!

Does the new interface slow it down significantly? I'm switching from dish on Friday and while I like the new look of the new ui on my hopper I hate how slow and unresponsive it made my hopper.
Then you aren’t going to be happy here

I agree Jimbo. It's a learning curve to figure out how to use it, but it's no slower than the old gui.

If you've noticed, I have had the new guide since it was available months ago. It has been as fast as the former guide for me until the other day. It's not that I need to learn it. There's just a lot of lag and slowness that didn't used to be there.

No slow down here. Only thing I notice is some stuttering in the guide scrolling when ad banners become visible.

If you've noticed, I have had the new guide since it was available months ago. It has been as fast as the former guide for me until the other day. It's not that I need to learn it. There's just a lot of lag and slowness that didn't used to be there.
Have you tried the normal stuff to fix ? Reboot, Clearmybox ... that type of stuff ?

OK, now this has become ridiculous!!!!!!!! I started managing my recordings tonight and I started with 39 shows. Then after arranging some with the "1" to the top, I now have 59. My recordings keep duplicating, and some tripling, and as I keep deleting them, they either don't, or duplicate again. I really HATE it when people put out software that IS NOT READY and full of BUGS!!!!!!!!!!! I hope someone at Directv is reading all this and gets something done!!!!!
And as for speed, I timed it tonight....it took 15 seconds for my menu to come up...10 seconds of black and 5 more to populate :( Not good! I also find my client C41 is a bit faster then the Genie HR44, but they're both still slower than before the update.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)