New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I upgraded to the new ui 0xFF3 ON Friday 11/17 everything works great but no on-demand access....all the on-demand channels say currently not available..... What do I need to do to fix this?

Re do your internet connection on the Genie wait 24 hrs and see if it comes back - or so a search on clearmybox and then wait another 24 -48 hrs for the guide to fully download.

Reactions: Jimbo
Scott Greczkowski - any word on RVU HDR support with this rollout? Menu visible on the clients, but nothing on RVU...
No, only support on the HR54 itself.

Maybe that will come in a future RVU rollout.

Also a word of warning if you do like me and move back and forth between RVU and your C61K, with the new software you can no longer do that as the extra client is now controlled by mac address, not the number of free additional units on your account. :(

No, only support on the HR54 itself.

Maybe that will come in a future RVU rollout.

Also a word of warning if you do like me and move back and forth between RVU and your C61K, with the new software you can no longer do that as the extra client is now controlled by mac address, not the number of free additional units on your account. :(

Hmmm - bad news all around.

I'll wait until i can record a 4K event that's confirmed in HDR, and see what happens. I like my clean RVU install, but not at the cost of functionality.

I recorded that game. But I am unable to get HDR. I have the newest update but it will not let me run the HDR test in settings even though I can see the HDR test under the color settings. Can someone please help? I have an HR54 and a C61K. Thank you so much!

Last Sat football game was in HDR on 106.

I recorded that game. But I am unable to get HDR. I have the newest update but it will not let me run the HDR test in settings even though I can see the HDR test under the color settings. Can someone please help? I have an HR54 and a C61K. Thank you so much!
May be due to the software you have on your recvr, or it might have to do with the TV options ... is there an option to turn the HDR on and Off ?

Reactions: longhorn23
No I don't think there isn an option to turn on/off HDR. It's a LG oled e6 tv. But it won't let me even run the HDR test on the settings. Thank you for replying. Any other ideas or anything I can do to fix this? Thanks again!

May be due to the software you have on your recvr, or it might have to do with the TV options ... is there an option to turn the HDR on and Off ?

I do have that on. HDR works through my xbox and UHD blu-ray player and other sources. Just not through Directv. It won't let me actually run the test for HDR in the settings even though I can see it.

Do you have all your HDMI ports turned onto enhanced or whatever it is called?

Also some of the settings menus go back to the old interface/colors. For example under Audio settings and the Dolby Audio, it shows 3 options. Dolby digital plus/atmos, Dolby Audio, and Standard audio with the new interface. But when I actually enter that setting to change it, it switches back to the old interface and just has an option for turning dolby digital on and off. Same thing happens when I go to the display options and the TV resolutions setting. It shows 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 4k all with the new interface. When I try to actually go into the setting it switches to the old interface but with the same options.

For TV color under display settings, it shows the HDR "test tv" option but it won't actually let me actually click test tv. Thanks again for all the help.

My HDR tv is connected to the c61K-700.

Do you have all your HDMI ports turned onto enhanced or whatever it is called?

Last edited:
Also some of the settings menus go back to the old interface/colors. For example under Audio settings and the Dolby Audio, it shows 3 options. Dolby digital plus/atmos, Dolby Audio, and Standard audio with the new interface. But when I actually enter that setting to change it, it switches back to the old interface and just has an option for turning dolby digital on and off. Same thing happens when I go to the display options and the TV resolutions setting. It shows 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 4k all with the new interface. When I try to actually go into the setting it switches to the old interface but with the same options.

For TV color under display settings, it shows the HDR "test tv" option but it won't actually let me actually click test tv. Thanks again for all the help.

My HDR tv is connected to the c61K-700.

And The reason Is -You do NOT have the New GUI on your Genie yet- When That happens it will work

Correct..... Longhorn - your Genie (HR54) is still on likely 0xD80 firmware. Once your Genie gets the newer firmware then the test will work and your C61K (as well as the Genie) will be fully on the new UI and the test will then work. Same thing I was running into. I got in on the 0xFF3 update for my Genie (also an HR54) the other night and as soon as it updated everything changed.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the new GUI is on the genie though. And it says 0xFF3 in the genie settings.

What version does you C61K show?

I had 0xFB7 (and still do) on my C61K mini's and had the same issue but my Genie was still running 0xD80 but once I got 0xFF3 on the Genie everything became consistent on the new GUI and I could then run the HDR test. My C61K is also connected to a 2016 LG OLED C6. Also that test will only work on the C61K (just to be sure you are not trying it on the HR54 Genie which is not capable of 4K or HDR) and you must also of course have 4K enabled on it as well.

If yours has the same updates I'm not sure why it would not work. ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)