New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What software are you on ?
The 1037 software seems to be running real well for most of us ...
I have no sluggishness at all on my set up.
If anyone is comparing to the old GUI they for sure will say it's slow, the old was much faster overall which has been discussed a few times. I do notice that after a reboot things feel snappier as well when running a "clearmybox" but again slight speed increase not day and night. I do feel after a while with no update or reboot things do start to get sluggish which is why I recommend a reboot for the poster. With that said if one is comparing to the old GUI then that's a different story. I also noticed that 1037 and with each new release things do improve such as speed which is what we are all hoping for. I know larger fonts would be nice for the older folks including myself but I doubt we will see that anytime soon but can keep my hopes up. :)

Reactions: whitewolf8214
What software are you on ?
The 1037 software seems to be running real well for most of us ...
I have no sluggishness at all on my set up.

I’m on 1036. Hopefully when 1037 hits my box I’ll see a performance boost.

Wondering if you all know when the hr-54 Will get the updated interface my client software is 0XA35 tried the force update but nothing changed

Wondering if you all know when the hr-54 Will get the updated interface my client software is 0XA35 tried the force update but nothing changed
There are two components for firmware, the HR and the Mini, 0XA35 is the client which you can't force the update the same way you force the HR. Are you trying to update the client or the HR?

Thanks to the tipsters here, I forced an update in that 3am-7am window last week and updated to 1037. I like the newer guide, and the updated channel logos. The only thing I will take time getting used to is the channel number and name being on the right side of the banner rather than being on the left.

Thanks to the tipsters here, I forced an update in that 3am-7am window last week and updated to 1037. I like the newer guide, and the updated channel logos. The only thing I will take time getting used to is the channel number and name being on the right side of the banner rather than being on the left.
Same here, it took me time to get used to it. My only gripe at the moment is font size but that's been beaten to death here already :).

Reactions: JoshC
Anyone having trouble setting series recordings since the update? I’ve tried and only the first episode is recorded, then no upcoming episodes are scheduled. I’ve tried setting it to FIRST RUN and ALL but same thing happens, no upcoming episodes are scheduled. I’ve gone through this thread but this seems to be a different problem than others are having.

Last edited:
Anyone having trouble setting series recordings since the update? I’ve tried and only the first episode is recorded, then no upcoming episodes are scheduled. I’ve tried setting it to FIRST RUN and ALL but same thing happens, no upcoming episodes are scheduled. I’ve gone through this thread but this seems to be a different problem than others are having.
I have not had this issue and the only issue or feature if you want to call it that is when you record a series it will record across all channels. I did check again this morning in my upcoming recordings (Manage Recordings) and it's working as it should.

I have not had this issue and the only issue or feature if you want to call it that is when you record a series it will record across all channels. I did check again this morning in my upcoming recordings (Manage Recordings) and it's working as it should.
Thanks for the reply. I get the all channels on recordings too. Guess that's part of the new menu. I updated to 1037 last night, and this morning I did start to get upcoming recordings, only now some episodes are being skipped. Maybe it's the network program data that's the problem? I'll try other networks to see if they work better. The 1037 update did seem to speed things up overall.

As for the new menu, it's taking some time to get used to, that's for sure. I find that some things are easier to get to and other things or not. I like the look of it though.

Thanks for the reply. I get the all channels on recordings too. Guess that's part of the new menu. I updated to 1037 last night, and this morning I did start to get upcoming recordings, only now some episodes are being skipped. Maybe it's the network program data that's the problem? I'll try other networks to see if they work better. The 1037 update did seem to speed things up overall.

As for the new menu, it's taking some time to get used to, that's for sure. I find that some things are easier to get to and other things or not. I like the look of it though.
Same here as Techiefsn said I’m having no issues on recordings just recording the new episodes on the channel I have series recordings

There are two components for firmware, the HR and the Mini, 0XA35 is the client which you can't force the update the same way you force the HR. Are you trying to update the client or the HR?

I was trying to update the hr54 I was finally able to get the 02468 to download it after trying to get it to download but no point now since I update to the hs17

I was trying to update the hr54 I was finally able to get the 02468 to download it after trying to get it to download but no point now since I update to the hs17
That's good and yes you can't update the HS-17 but those are getting updated quicker anyway. 1037 is even now daily in the stream for it.

There’s a new update up tonight 1071, i downloaded it, and i dont have the channel logos now.

There’s a new update up tonight 1071, i downloaded it, and i dont have the channel logos now.
Same here my friend, but as usual I suspect they will take a day to return, if not I will run a clearmybox but I doubt I will have to, also on-demand is out but same story. I will report back when they show up, have seen this in the past with others so no worries as I doubt it's a new bug. From what I understand the new CE has improved logos which is why they need to download again (not confirmed but appears to be the case). Can't complain either as it's CE which comes with the usual warnings (DL at your own RISK), but I like living on the edge :)

Attachments

• IMG_6393.JPG
    IMG_6393.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_6389.JPG
    IMG_6389.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 161
Wait, so they went back to Friday nights for CE? Do they do Saturday nights? I can't remember, it's been a long time since I've done it.
This weekend, yes. The Genie gets the new beta software, the website doesn't say which Genie.

This weekend, yes. The Genie gets the new beta software, the website doesn't say which Genie.

HR34 is No longer on the CE list- Hr44 &Hr54 okay HS17 - is listed as push only (which) required a sign -up long time ago - Can't get on the push list any longer - but those that know can force a download -Only Genies are listed as CE -no other receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts