New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In case anyone is thinking about adding more recording space I found today Best Buy has for on sale WD 4TB drive for $89 plus $25 for the external eSATA case, cheapest I have seen it around. So I upgraded today and put together this video to show the process step by step incase anything is thinking about it. I also demoed what happens when you remove the drive when it's active as well as a few other things.

Nice job ....
Your REALLY FAST at changing all this stuff out .... and doing the video as well ... :clapping:biggrin

I am on version 1037 but all my logos disappeared. What do I need to do to get the logos to come back? Thanks for the help.

I am on version 1037 but all my logos disappeared. What do I need to do to get the logos to come back? Thanks for the help.

Search for in the menu "Clearmybox" or "Clearmybox 2" take your choice, first is slightly more of a clear but really they are the same, both will fix it.

Here is the info from another poster (I forgot who as I had the info saved but not the post, sorry)

"Keyword search for CE users: CLEARMYBOX 2 (There is a space before the two)

This search can be used as a CE level double re-boot and will remove the additional software and guide data.

Keyword search for non-CE members: CLEARMYBOX

This search will remove more from your box including the IAMANEDGECUTTER search, CE members will have to re-enter the search.

How it works:

Enter the Keyword search and press the red button on the remote - There is no going back

After a short period the receiver will reset itself

Anything the receiver is doing at the time will stop without warning The above is not required but can take the place of a double reset."

Thanks for the reply! I did the CLEARMYBOX 2 search and the box reset itself but I am still not seeing the logos. Not sure what to do. Also what does the IAMANEDGECUTTER search do? Thanks again for all your help.

Search for in the menu "Clearmybox" or "Clearmybox 2" take your choice, first is slightly more of a clear but really they are the same, both will fix it.

Here is the info from another poster (I forgot who as I had the info saved but not the post, sorry)

This search can be used as a CE level double re-boot and will remove the additional software and guide data.

This search will remove more from your box including the IAMANEDGECUTTER search, CE members will have to re-enter the search.

How it works:

Enter the Keyword search and press the red button on the remote - There is no going back

Anything the receiver is doing at the time will stop without warning The above is not required but can take the place of a double reset."

Also I did the CLEARMYBOX search as well and still no logos. Now I can't access any of the 4k channels or 4k recordings. I am getting a message that says the program you selected could not be authorized for this location. Try again later or call customer care. Will it eventually come back? Thanks for the help.

How it works:

Also I did the CLEARMYBOX search as well and still no logos. Now I can't access any of the 4k channels or 4k recordings. I am getting a message that says the program you selected could not be authorized for this location. Try again later or call customer care. Will it eventually come back? Thanks for the help.

Another thing to try first is to manually reboot the HR and give it about 6 hours (red button on the side). Also reboot the mini's too. Again it can take up to 24 hours or sometimes longer for things to return after a clear. In my case when I have had to clear everything came back in about 6 hours but times can vary as expected.

Another option I guess is to downgrade to the National Release (0X1036) which I highly suggest anyone who doesn't want to be a tester (CE / BETA) to stick with National Releases for now. I am not sure if downgrading will fix it, would be a test.

Don't worry about "IAMANEDGECUTTE" that is just a reporting tool and will not doing anything for anyone here

Everything eventually came back including 4k access and the logos. Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it.

Another thing to try first is to manually reboot the HR and give it about 6 hours (red button on the side). Also reboot the mini's too. Again it can take up to 24 hours or sometimes longer for things to return after a clear. In my case when I have had to clear everything came back in about 6 hours but times can vary as expected.

Another option I guess is to downgrade to the National Release (0X1036) which I highly suggest anyone who doesn't want to be a tester (CE / BETA) to stick with National Releases for now. I am not sure if downgrading will fix it, would be a test.

Don't worry about "IAMANEDGECUTTE" that is just a reporting tool and will not doing anything for anyone here

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I just got a message in the message center about getting the new GUI. Does that mean I will be getting it soon?
Which Genie do you have? HR / HS? It's coming to everyone just a matter of when and since they started about 6 months ago it can't be that much longer for all that are supported.

Which Genie do you have? HR / HS? It's coming to everyone just a matter of when and since they started about 6 months ago it can't be that much longer for all that are supported.
I have the HR-44 I just asked that question because I thought people got the new GUI a few days after receiving an email about it but I got a message in the message center about it instead of the email about it.

I have the HR-44 I just asked that question because I thought people got the new GUI a few days after receiving an email about it but I got a message in the message center about it instead of the email about it.
Should be soon but if you don't want wait for the push you can update on your own. Just an option, the new GUI (Firmware) is in the stream from 3 AM ET to 7 AM ET Monday - Friday. The video below shows the process.

Should be soon but if you don't want wait for the push you can update on your own. Just an option, the new GUI (Firmware) is in the stream from 3 AM ET to 7 AM ET Monday - Friday. The video below shows the process.

I would add - Check your current Firmware load before doing this and then compare what's in the stream on REDH site. the receiver will always say "NEW SOFTWARE FOUND" even if it's the same version.

Also this video step by step will not work on the HS-17 - that's a whole different dance.

I would add - Check your current Firmware load before doing this and then compare what's in the stream on REDH site. the receiver will always say "NEW SOFTWARE FOUND" even if it's the same version.

Also this video step by step will not work on the HS-17 - that's a whole different dance.
He has the HR-44 first question I asked :), Also has the old GUI.

Good point on the "NEW SOFTWARE FOUND", I will add that to the notes. Not that it would harm anything but it's a waste of time, will also add to check first what you have as I assumed folks would think to check first :).

Can't stress enough to check the RedH site and timing is important.

Thanks!

If you just leave the box alone, everything will appear in the next couple of days.

Yeah this is what I had to do; took almost three days for the logos to finally show up. And my internet won’t connect again after working for three days...lol. DirecTV is a lot cheaper than Dish, especially as an ATT customer, but I’ll be damned if their tech isn’t pretty sorry relative to Dish’s. I miss those 16 tuners sometimes.

Yeah this is what I had to do; took almost three days for the logos to finally show up. And my internet won’t connect again after working for three days...lol. DirecTV is a lot cheaper than Dish, especially as an ATT customer, but I’ll be damned if their tech isn’t pretty sorry relative to Dish’s. I miss those 16 tuners sometimes.
Really, 13 tuners won't make it ?
Possibly 22, if you go a different route ?

Reactions: TermiNader
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts