New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As said by others, it just takes time to get used to the new interface, once the shock wears off and you start to look around it's not bad at all. As of 0X1037 most things are fluid and are bug free, the newer CE versions improve things slightly even more but nothing major. So I just say to folks who hate the new interface to just give it more time.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
As said by others, it just takes time to get used to the new interface, once the shock wears off and you start to look around it's not bad at all. As of 0X1037 most things are fluid and are bug free, the newer CE versions improve things slightly even more but nothing major. So I just say to folks who hate the new interface to just give it more time.
What about the Menu ? The Guide, Yes, you get use to (I never had a problem with the guide (once the tweaks were done) ... but the Menu is terrible ...
That doesn't improve ....

With how bad it is that you cannot see all your folders on the screen when going to it .... you have to go WAY to the right to do most things ...
Whats worse is the fact that when you hit the guide button to get there, it starts you inside of a folder already .....

They could at least fix that and make you at the top of the stuff on the LEFT side so YOU can choose where you want to go without ALREADY being inside a folder. :facepalm

What about the Menu ? The Guide, Yes, you get use to (I never had a problem with the guide (once the tweaks were done) ... but the Menu is terrible ...
That doesn't improve ....

With how bad it is that you cannot see all your folders on the screen when going to it .... you have to go WAY to the right to do most things ...
Whats worse is the fact that when you hit the guide button to get there, it starts you inside of a folder already .....

They could at least fix that and make you at the top of the stuff on the LEFT side so YOU can choose where you want to go without ALREADY being inside a folder. :facepalm

They start you on the right, annoys me as well, but again now used to it, just don't like the delays around moving around the menu. So I go left to go down or use the CH button to jump etc.

Menu diffidently needs improvement, the sorting of my playlist drives me crazy, I have yet to find a way to sort it, right now it's first in first out unless I reboot the HR, then it's sorted by season / episode. I have't really searched around for a solution, know of one? Or am I crazy and it sorts fine?

Last edited:
Reactions: whitewolf8214
They start you on the left, annoys me as well, but again now more used to it, just don't like the delays around moving around the menu.

Menu diffidently needs improvement, the sorting of my playlist drives me crazy, I have yet to find a way to sort it, right now it's first in first out unless I reboot the HR, then it's sorted by season / episode. I have't really searched around for a solution, know of one? Or am I crazy and it sorts fine?
The only recording list sort options I see are either FIFO or by alphabetical order.

Press "0" to select as noted at the top of the list menu.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

they made the font smaller for what? so we can have 7 channels on the guide instead of 6? wow, great improvement! :coco. as far as i can tell, there's nothing substantially better about the new interface. as a matter of fact it's worse. and now my 79 year old mother can't read the guide because the font is too small.

The only recording list sort options I see are either FIFO or by alphabetical order.

Press "0" to select as noted at the top of the list menu.

You can short the top folder only by alphabetical or latest but when you go into a program that has more then one recording (folder) it's latest only. I would like to be able to sort based on episodes, record date, original air date and so on, right now it's just latest inside a folder.

they made the font smaller for what? so we can have 7 channels on the guide instead of 6? wow, great improvement! :coco. as far as i can tell, there's nothing substantially better about the new interface. as a matter of fact it's worse. and now my 79 year old mother can't read the guide because the font is too small.
DTV / AT&T is betting on the younger crowd but really they are just aligning up the interface with the entire AT&T portfolio and what you see today is becoming more common across all the carriers.

You can short the top folder only by alphabetical or latest but when you go into a program that has more then one recording (folder) it's latest only. I would like to be able to sort based on episodes, record date, original air date and so on, right now it's just latest inside a folder.
Yeah I've noticed ...

However, I've got so many folders on my Genie of SLs setup on HR24s here (5 of them in the house), which don't display episodes/series anyway.

I've gotten use to a lack of any sort capability by E/S inside the folders ... lol

I would want it to sort by most recent recorded.

Don't know why anyone would want it my Alphabet. Maybe for a particular instance, but not as a default.

My main beef is the performance hit. It feels like a PC that’s been “upgraded” to a new OS that requires more horsepower than is available. My HR54 with the old UI was very zippy — now, feels bogged down (doesn’t respond quickly to button presses, etc).

My main beef is the performance hit. It feels like a PC that’s been “upgraded” to a new OS that requires more horsepower than is available. My HR54 with the old UI was very zippy — now, feels bogged down (doesn’t respond quickly to button presses, etc).
Try running "clearmybox" via a search and select in the search menu, has helped many with slow boxes run quick again. Box will reboot just to note.

Got the new guide today. I like the layout and channel logos. I can still get to what I want when I want. I don’t use the crappy peanut remote. Seems just as fast as the last UI to me.

Try running "clearmybox" via a search and select in the search menu, has helped many with slow boxes run quick again. Box will reboot just to note.

Thanks. I tried that a few weeks ago. I noticed a slight improvement, but performance still nowhere near as good as with the old UI.

I’ve noticed that sound dropouts I had on the previous version are now completely gone. It happened on certain channels and my fix was to rewind once and it was fixed. Thank goodness no more of that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts