New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I downloaded the latest CE release on Friday. On my genie mini C61, there would always be a delay/lag when hitting the replay button so I would have to click it twice to usually go back 6 seconds. It was always a lot more responsive on the genie HR54. After this recent update, I've noticed the genie mini is a lot more responsive when clicking the replay button. There isn't much of a lag anymore. I don't know maybe it's just me but I notice an improvement.

can someone please tell me the last version that the OD still works ? after upgrade.
If we are talking non CE 1037 works for sure
I can confirm with the latest CE 0X1080 on-demand works but with the last bunch of CE's it's best to have "IAMANEDGECUTTER" enabled as this will point the genie to different backend servers at DTV.

I downloaded the latest CE release on Friday. On my genie mini C61, there would always be a delay/lag when hitting the replay button so I would have to click it twice to usually go back 6 seconds. It was always a lot more responsive on the genie HR54. After this recent update, I've noticed the genie mini is a lot more responsive when clicking the replay button. There isn't much of a lag anymore. I don't know maybe it's just me but I notice an improvement.
That's good it's more responsive, but still inexcusable for DIRECTV's replay implementation on the Genie to still be poor at only 3.5-4 seconds instead of 6 after all this time.

I still have to inconveniently use ×1 reverse mostly. Which BTW, the new UI causes me problems with this way to do replay. Because when I watch news or sports channels and miss something on the bottom line crawls (or "news ticker").

Reverse now brings up a stupid black background bar with a soft top border that covers up any bottom line crawls, so I can't see the point in the line I want to stop and play forward from.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

That's good it's more responsive, but still inexcusable for DIRECTV's replay implementation on the Genie to still be poor at only 3.5-4 seconds instead of 6 after all this time.

I still have to inconveniently use ×1 reverse mostly. Which BTW, the new UI causes me problems with this way to do replay. Because when I watch news or sports channels and miss something on the bottom line crawls (or "news ticker").

Reverse now brings up a stupid black background bar with a soft top border that covers up any bottom line crawls, so I can't see the point in the line I want to stop and play forward from.

Wouldn't it be nice if Everything just WORKED ....

That said, I'm sure that D* isn't the only ones with issues ...
Also, many people don't even notice things to be issues if they don't know any better.

Wouldn't it be nice if Everything just WORKED ....

That said, I'm sure that D* isn't the only ones with issues ...
Also, many people don't even notice things to be issues if they don't know any better.
Myself, I can live with various bugs and things that occasionally don't work right or at all ...

I understand that's just the inescapable nature primarily of software.

I get that ...

But what I find inexcusable is to have a bug last for years like the short replay issue on the Genies and DIRECTV still hasn't corrected it.

I hate when you skip, fwd, etc the thing at bottom of screen covers half the screen, totally not necessary

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Reactions: HoTat2
I hate when you skip, fwd, etc the thing at bottom of screen covers half the screen, totally not necessary

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk
Yup, agreed, covers too much of the screen, same can be said about the info at the top. Have both going at the same time is almost swallows the screen.

I think its been a month since I got the email saying the new interface was coming soon. Just wondering how long it takes to get it after getting the email? I know about doing the 02468 update but I don't want to get up from 3 a.m. to 7 p.m.

My only complaint about the whole deal is the GD "Press << to watch from the beginning" message that stays up for 3 days every time you change the channel.
Dammit get rid of it!!!

I think its been a month since I got the email saying the new interface was coming soon. Just wondering how long it takes to get it after getting the email? I know about doing the 02468 update but I don't want to get up from 3 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Only two options, wait which should be any day soon or get up early. :)

Really no way to say how long as it's inconsistent for the most part, usually about three weeks or less after getting the email or message about the upgrade coming. I think some reported longer but can't remember.

Really three which is to use a raspberry Pi to do the work for you but it's easier to get up then to get that going if you are not familiar.

yep

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)