New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If anything i was hopping they removed the above mentioned top and bottom bars that cover the majority of the screen top and bottom, info part and the progress screen when doing skip, fwd, red, etc. I really wish they would make both smaller. Gets in the way when im scanning through games etc, blocking some scores

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: HoTat2
Sounds like logos were removed on purpose from the guide in both 1040 and 1082 on purpose
This is a great good question, it's hard to tell since in the past they would come and go when updating for some as well as myself. So far after a clear last night and waiting a day prior it's still not there. Everything else is fine, and I have to admit I agree the guide is super quick to scroll without it. I also noticed that the logo appears when going channel up or down while on a channel, the logo appears in the upper right.

EDIT: Reading over at edge there is talk about DTV removing the logos in 1040 and 1082, looking to get a true confirmation as it appears the info is off the AT&T forums.

Guess we will have to wait and see

Last edited:
Reactions: whitewolf8214
If anything i was hopping they removed the above mentioned top and bottom bars that cover the majority of the screen top and bottom, info part and the progress screen when doing skip, fwd, red, etc. I really wish they would make both smaller. Gets in the way when im scanning through games etc, blocking some scores
I agree with you. I know its a pain but you can press EXIT while scanning to get rid of the progress bar.

I agree with you. I know its a pain but you can press EXIT while scanning to get rid of the progress bar.

Yeah, i do that, its just an extra step, but its better than nothing. Hopefully they make the will just show the status bar with out the border sometime, doubt it though

After a few days of use of the new guide it’s ok. I don’t mind it and it’s definitely not as bad as some made it out to be. It’s surprisingly just as fast as the old guide which I still enjoy on my other receivers. As another user pointed out there doesn’t appear to be any room for channel logos so they definitely seem to have been removed. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a few days of use of the new guide it’s ok. I don’t mind it and it’s definitely not as bad as some made it out to be. It’s surprisingly just as fast as the old guide which I still enjoy on my other receivers. As another user pointed out there doesn’t appear to be any room for channel logos so they definitely seem to have been removed. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am still waiting to get confirmation about the logos gone for good as someone said it was said on the AT&T forum said from an AT&T employee but that site is a mess with too many posts from angry customers. They only thing I could find over there is a post by someone from AT&T saying that improvements are coming by the summer, so I guess there is hope. I see so many posts from folks who are going as far as saying they are canceling their service over it (I bet they don't). Personally I got used to it, over the last few months and they have made some minor updates that have made the system better. I am not sure that any color change or larger fonts will help me see better but if that's what's on the horizon that's great. In terms of the menu's it's said they are working on that too, but nothing is true until you see it actually deployed (hot air otherwise). I get a laugh at some posts where folks think other services are better while some are there are many that are not. Optimum Cable boxes are the worst ever for OS, ever try that one out, no fun. Fios is okay, not bad but nothing great and so on. The new Alticeone boxes have a similar guide to the new GUI, so I suspect they are all taking a note from the same playbook. On my LG TV the Google Plus TV guide also looks similar to DTV. Maybe we are all getting old and hate change but I suspect what we are seeing here is the future layouts taken from the streaming devices playbook. Who knows, I am just ranting on now. :)

Happy Monday and enjoy the DTV great Picture Quality which is why I am a customer in the first place.

They are removing logos? I personally like the logos. They are easier to identify the channel than a solid row of text. What they should do is make it an option, like next to the guide scrolling effects option in the settings.

I just got the new guide a 2 weeks ago. I’m used to it now and like the modern look. Yeah it was a shock when I first saw it. It seems smoother on the HR44 rather than a C61. The C61 is missing the smooth guide and selection scrolling. It also seems the selection glow and lighting is better on the HR44. Maybe it’s too many effects to do over a remote display.

I just think they need to give options. Why is it so hard to let the user select the font size? Dish had that for years.

Reactions: longhorn23
They are removing logos? I personally like the logos. They are easier to identify the channel than a solid row of text. What they should do is make it an option, like next to the guide scrolling effects option in the settings.

I just got the new guide a 2 weeks ago. I’m used to it now and like the modern look. Yeah it was a shock when I first saw it. It seems smoother on the HR44 rather than a C61. The C61 is missing the smooth guide and selection scrolling. It also seems the selection glow and lighting is better on the HR44. Maybe it’s too many effects to do over a remote display.

I just think they need to give options. Why is it so hard to let the user select the font size? Dish had that for years.
Everyone sees that they are gone ...that doesn't mean for good.

Maybe they are making it an option ?

No one knows for sure as they don't have open communication with us.

... .

Interesting suggestion ...

As I notice TiVo just added such an on/off option for the logos to the latest upgrade to their Hydra UI in response to the same need of customer choice ...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Interesting suggestion ...

As I notice TiVo just added such an on/off option for the logos to the latest upgrade to their Hydra UI in response to the same need of customer choice ...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
I'm guessing that this removal is only temporary .... as its quite common for D* to add stuff then remove it and bring back later. Maybe they they took it down to tweak it ...

i finally got the new GUI today as the HR54 Genie in my home go the 0x1040 update. my genie mini C51-700 got the 0xfba update back in November

I just happened to wake up this morning early, and did a update, i thought it was still 1037, because i seen it still on some receivers, but i didnt check it this morning, and i got 1040, so currently no logos, or posters.

I just happened to wake up this morning early, and did a update, i thought it was still 1037, because i seen it still on some receivers, but i didnt check it this morning, and i got 1040, so currently no logos, or posters.

Posters will return, but looks like the logos in the guide are gone for now. The logos do show up in the upper right side when changing channels one by one.

I was up in the night for a while and decided to do a reset through the menu and 02468 on the remote. I had 1036 (or was it 1037 ?) on my HR44-700 and to my surprise it went back to 0xd8f. I probably could have cancelled before it was complete but it was the middle of the night after all. I am not sure if I am pleased or not. Although the old guide does look rather old fashioned it sure is nice to move through the menu without it hanging up for as much as 30 seconds to get out of "what is on".
Will the DVR update it's software by itself at some point or what is likely to happen next?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts