New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I received 1104 the other day. It's cleaner, especially without that black shroud that was talked about. The text is huge on my 65", no big deal to me. Some of the show description is now cut off because of text size; again no big deal. I'm fine with it!

Have a great looooong weekend, boys! :usa

I received 1104 the other day. It's cleaner, especially without that black shroud that was talked about. The text is huge on my 65", no big deal to me. Some of the show description is now cut off because of text size; again no big deal. I'm fine with it!

The, Not being able to read the text in the info section without going to another screen is BAD, also do to text size I believe.

What do mean?

I'm up on firmware version 1109 and the stupid "black shroud" is still there ...

And IIRC, when I had 1104 it was there as well ...

I wish you were correct and it was really gone as I hate that annoying thing.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

looking at redh, 1088 is back in the stream now for the hs17. it was previously 110b. does that mean directv has rolled back the update because something wrong with the newer software? im new to all this, ive never seen them revert back to an older version before.

looking at redh, 1088 is back in the stream now for the hs17. it was previously 110b. does that mean directv has rolled back the update because something wrong with the newer software? im new to all this, ive never seen them revert back to an older version before.
At this point who knows And yes they have reverted many times

I really like the newest update, only issues are no logos in guide, I’m sorry, I like them. Also, hit set to record all my Astros games, and lately, it’s missed a few, and a lot of times the game will be recording, but. Not immediately show up in the playlist

Reactions: longhorn23

They almost always rotate between at least two and often more than two releases in the stream depending on the day and time. Two customers might get updated to different releases on the same day, due to the way Directv seems to stagger their national rollouts, which can occur over a period of many weeks.

It isn't as straightforward as how most companies do their software, like say how Apple has iOS 11.4 available for everyone in the world, and then they release 11.4.1 for everyone in the world and you no longer can download 11.4. Why Directv does it the way they do, I have no idea. Not sure anyone else does either!

:welcome to Satelliteguys TxDTV!

You have Dish and Directv? A glutton for punishment! ;)
:welcome to Satelliteguys TxDTV!

You have Dish and Directv? A glutton for punishment! ;)

Thanks yes, we’ve had Dish for going on 18 years, only have DrecTV in my room so i can watch Astros games, which i cant do on Dish., I’ve had no problems with either, I’m under a 2 year deal with DIrecTV, that ends in February. I’m only paying like $17.xx now with DrecTV, was paying Larousse $68, the they just starting giving me another $50 dollar credit, which dropped bill to $17.xx. We’ve got the hopper throughout the house, and a Directv genie hr54-700 in my room and DTV client in guest room. So, having both, awhile, i like the Directv experience much better, its just easier to do things, imo. Love the UI, etc better. If Directv keeps giving me this price, i may stick around, i really dont want to lose my Astros games, so really, anything around $68 or so.

Thanks yes, we’ve had Dish for going on 18 years, only have DrecTV in my room so i can watch Astros games, which i cant do on Dish., I’ve had no problems with either, I’m under a 2 year deal with DIrecTV, that ends in February. I’m only paying like $17.xx now with DrecTV, was paying Larousse $68, the they just starting giving me another $50 dollar credit, which dropped bill to $17.xx. We’ve got the hopper throughout the house, and a Directv genie hr54-700 in my room and DTV client in guest room. So, having both, awhile, i like the Directv experience much better, its just easier to do things, imo. Love the UI, etc better. If Directv keeps giving me this price, i may stick around, i really dont want to lose my Astros games, so really, anything around $68 or so.

I have direct now and the genie is much better than it was years ago but the hopper 3 to me trumps the Genie. It’s 2018 , bring the channel logos back . Directv should learn how to reincorporate that back into their Genie . Dish did it so can direct .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: longhorn23
I have direct now and the genie is much better than it was years ago but the hopper 3 to me trumps the Genie. It’s 2018 , bring the channel logos back . Directv should learn how to reincorporate that back into their Genie . Dish did it so can direct .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
They will soon they are straightening out the guide part then will bring back the logos incorporate some of the old guide into the new guide

Why is it over ALL these years we still only have 9 channels in the QuickTune?
Same thing could be said for a PIP toggle. But since the HS17 doesn’t have PIP I guess PIP is dead.

As far as quick tune goes, if it was any bigger you’d end pressing more buttons trying to get to the channel you wanted, it would be faster to just type in the channel. Thats why its the size it is now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)