New hd channel in Palm Bay, Fl

raysgrumpy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Palm Bay, FL
I was just flipping threw the guide and found Mav Tv Hd. It's now showing Ultimate Combat Experience and later has some auto racing and bikini shows on. Being a fan of mixed martial arts, I was excited to turn it on. Judging on the production quality so far, I'm guessing they got this channel dirt cheap instead of adding a big name national hd channel. I guess I'll take what I can get. It's just frustrating with the amount of hd out there that we don't get. Adding one or two good hd channels along with Hallmark or ABC Family and random networks I've never heard of just doesn't seem like enough to me.

And HDnet and HDMovies are now gone.

So guess what I did this morning? Called Brighthouse and got rid of the Hd "Package." I also ditched the Sports Pack now that CBS-CC is on the digital-tier.

Thanks Brighthouse for saving me $10 a month =)

I didn't realize HDNet and HDNet Movies were gone until I got home today. I called Brighthouse to cancel the HD package (and Disney On Demand) and the guy told me they're getting a ton of complaints already. He also looked at my account and found some promo to save me even more money. Instead of saving $11 dollars a month, he's saving me $21! With all the free HD channels we get, who would pay $6 for MGM HD, Mav Tv HD, Smithsonian HD, Universal HD and worst of all HALLMARK HD? HDNet and HDNet Movies were 2 of my favorite channels.

i emailed bright house about the loss of hd net and this is their reply

On May 31st at 12:01 a.m., HD Nets removed its channels from the Bright
House Networks programming lineup. Throughout our recent negotiations to
renew HD Net's contract with us, their demands in terms of cost have
been excessive. The price that Bright House Networks must pay HD Net
for programming directly affects the costs to the customer. I can
appreciate your frustration over the loss of channels. I watch these
programs too and hate losing access to them, even temporarily. Please
know that you are a valued Bright House Networks customer and that we
are still working to reach an agreement that will allow you to continue
to enjoy HD Net's programming at a reasonable cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)