New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just Out of Curiosity, did most people need to reset their directv receivers? for the new channels to come in because like a month ago directv needed to replace my line and now i never reset for updates to come in

You shouldn't have to reset for them to show up.

I had to add them to my favorites. They removed them and re adding them caused the new HBO's to show up.

But under some more transponder analysis, seems 4 tp's on D12 previously suspected as unused, have 5 "PUSHHD" programs on them (for a total of 20 slots used up). More analysis needs to be done, but if this is wasted space for VOD delivery, than that only gives us about 13 slots for new HD, unless they start retooling the compression. This sucks... D14 is a long way off.

I'm all for retooling the compression on 720p channels, "talking head" type news channels and niche channels to squeeze in some more content. I just wouldn't want them to alter the video quality on the popular networks and sports.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

"More analysis needs to be done, but if this is wasted space for VOD delivery"

VoD is NOT delivered via SAT stream, but via internet; right?

Last edited:
"More analysis needs to be done, but if this is wasted space for VOD delivery"

VoD is NOT delivered via SAT stream, but via internet; right?

Normally yes... but I think non internet connected DVR's can still get some VOD. Those titles have to be downloaded to the hard drive from somewhere. Were still trying to figure it out.

charper1 said:
really that must be real new. Before mine were connected, and I have friend's that still aren't; there was no VoD.

So, for those of you who have a DVR but DON'T have it connected to the internet:

1). Is channel 1100 available to you in the guide? Can you go in there and order movies?
2). If yes, do you have more than a dozen or so movies available to you in there when you select "All" from the left side menu?
3). Do you have any movies avaialable to you that *don't* already have a green circle with a white check mark in it to the right of the movie title (and right after the blue dollar sign in a blue circle if it is ppv)? The green circle with white check mark designates preloads to your reserved DVR area that are coming from the satellite to everybody with a DVR.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I remember reading about it but have never had anything come down like that. Or I have never notice since I have been net connected for a while now. Its not that bid a deal to me.

Will I guess D* had not notified their customers about the two new HBO HD channels. They still have Sony as a new HD channel. Check out their web site. And this is not an April Fools joke.

DIRECTV: HD Channel Lineup

I like the avatar of Homer. It looks like my HT.
73's

the reason i asked i had D for the last 10yr but, i just had my line replace so, it all kinda new to me

What's D ?
DIRECTV ?, DISH NETWORK ? Donna Summer ?
Is it so hard to type the name out ?
Some people put D* or E* but you couldn't even go that extra mile I guess.

johns70 said:
What's D ?

Is the whole reason for your existence is to be a jerk? It seems to me that you're the only one who has a problem with it.

Last edited:
Is the whole reason for your existence is to be an A$$^&*%? It seems to me that you're the only one who has a problem with it.
Don't worry about it, Thats what people do when they have nothing constructive to add and they get offending by their love for a company.

But anyway delete your name calling cause it will only hurt you more by the mods.

Hemi 6.1 said:
Don't worry about it, Thats what people do when they have nothing constructive to add and they get offending by their love for a company.

But anyway delete your name calling cause it will only hurt you more by the mods.

Thanks Hemi.

johns70 said:
What's D ?

Quit your whining. Jesus!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)