New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No complaints as there is nothing to complain about yet. :)

Lets see what the new channels are. :D If its more HD PPV or HD HSN and QVC you might see some complaints. :D

See I would love hsn and qvc in hd so those wouldn't bother me at all and I pay for hbo so more hd hbo the better and I have a 3d tv so more 3d the better any new channel helps. Why complain over new channels it's one more channel than what we have now.

The big ones over the yars have been the missing HBO's plus BBC America.

If they get those then everything else is gravy. :)

I really think you gotta add premium HD, AMC/BBCA and maybe NatGeo Wild or Tru, and most people would quit bitching. Now that we have HBO HD VOD, AMC and BBCA HD would shut me up.

I think there will be new HD channels..prolly will see them sooner if the NFL season get cancelled..

my bet is hbo and cinemax since that's what satracer has been talking about since early december. i would be shocked if dtv actually added non premium hd. but then i'm enjoying the 16, soon to be 17 hd channels added since i ditched dtv for cable....including the surprise addition of tru tv hd (full time) on tuesday.

i hope for your benefit its something to write home about.

Here's what I think D* needs to add:
AMC HD, BBC America HD, Cooking Channel HD, DIY HD, E! HD, History International HD, HLN HD, Investigation Discovery HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Style HD, truTV HD, TCM HD, and more HBO/Cinemax in HD.
If D* adds all of those, there lineup will actually look better than E* because D* also has, ABC Family HD, Disney HD, Disney XD HD, ESPNEWS HD, ESPNU HD, and most RSNs in HD full-time.
D* could also add indieplex/retroplex HD, Epix 1 and 2 in HD, and Lifetime Movie Network HD but those aren't too big of a deal (at least in my opinion).

Last edited:
Here's what I think D* needs to add:
AMC HD, BBC America HD, Cooking Channel HD, DIY HD, E! HD, History International HD, HLN HD, Investigation Discovery HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Style HD, truTV HD, TCM HD, and more HBO/Cinemax in HD.
If D* adds all of those, there lineup will actually look better than E* because D* also has, ABC Family HD, Disney HD, Disney XD HD, ESPNEWS HD, ESPNU HD, and most RSNs in HD full-time.
D* could also add indieplex/retroplex HD and Epix 1 and 2 in HD, but those aren't to big of a deal (at least in my opinion).
The ones in Bold are what I watch more than any of the others on Dish, wouldn't mind those with Directv either...

Sounds like those are two good ones, but I barely have enough time to watch what I have now. Im about 90 hours behind on weekly tv shows (currently watching stuff from 2/22), and 3 netflix and 2 purchased movies sitting there, this weekend wont get any better :)

Just what one needs is another channel . How many of us watch the 150 or so that we have now? Another excuse to jack up the prices though.

How many channels in high defintion are possible for DirecTV to add?

Damn you gave away the big surprise!

I do hope they are channels people have been waiting for. The last Festivus was nothing to write home about.

One poster already listed some channels that DirecTV needs to add. When you consider that Dish Network and so many cable companies (in big markets and even ones not too big) are carrying a good dozen or so while DirecTV has dragged its butt, such channels will probably be included. I'm thinking of AMC HD, E! HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, Turner Classic Movies HD, BBC America HD, History International HD, QVC HD, HSN HD, Headline News HD, Investigation Discovery HD, The Hub HD, Oprah Winfrey Network HD, GSN HD, National Geographic Wild HD, and Style Network HD.

Didn't Fox Movie Channel go HD?

And for posters mentioning premiums, I guess eventually all the screens of HBO and Cinemax will be brought in to catch up with Starz and Encore. Showtime Family Zone needs to come in; but don't know if it has a HD feed. Flix is available in HD. Seems to me, though, that DirecTV is altogether refecting the notion of carrying Epix channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)