New HD Channels Expected Today

I'm a little confused about the new channel additions and this "$10/month platinum" talk.

I'm pretty sure I already have Platinum HD that I pay $10/month for.

Are people saying, there will be another $10 fee on top of the old $10/month fee?

Thanks.

I don't think so! My guess would be they might just add one of the new HD Channels to Platinum HD is all.

Thanks.
Yeah, I've always been "god fathered" when it comes to HD additions. I always receive the new HD channels.
One of the only HD channels I did not get was that new sports channel. NFL League-Zone or something. I do not watch sports, so it did not matter.

What if I have the HD+Platinum for $10? Will they give me Shorts/Epix, or will they change it back to 2 $10 fees and give them to me, or will they hold them back until I change it manually?

If you have HD for $10 PLUS platinum pack for another $10 ($20 all together) now, you will get Epix and Shorts for no extra charge. If you have HD for $10 but DO NOT have Platinum pack (included or for $10 a month), you wont.

The only question is if you have the current super-secret HD+Platinum for a total of $10 whether you will get Epix and Shorts. We will all find out together in a few hours.

BTW NAT GEO WILD is now available in SD on channel 190 and has been since early this morning

FOX REALITY IS GONE

Making me confused again.
If you're already paying $10 for "Platinum HD" you should be grand fathered in and be receiving all the 8 HD channel additions today.

I guess I won't know for sure until I get home. :shrug:

TNGTony,
That's a lot clearer. I should be OK. I have the best "HD Package" there is. (Excluding sports and foreign channels)

So what are the channel numbers of the new channels??? :)

115/9428 Style
121/9525 History International
132/9523 TCM
190/9445 National Geographic Wild
191/9408 G4
202/9524 Headline News

375 Shorts HD
380 EPIX

Last edited:
New Haven, CT channels are up. I chatted with dish online because I was concerned this might be for 922 subs only. Kinda like how I was forced to buy a protection plan to upgrade to 1000.2 during February's rollout.

722 Top 200 is getting whichever are in the package just fine. TCM, G4, HLN..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)