New HD Channels Expected Today

I'm hesitant to add Platinum if I'm not looking at the right satellites anyway!

IIRC you need either WA or EA to see all the new channels (at least in theory). If you have 129 (and 110/119) then you are on WA and should have the capability to get all the new HD.

I had thought about Platinum as well but is BBCA-HD in that package??? G4HD??? I don't think so.

I LOVEEEE EPIX SO far!..alots better that lame o RETRO & INDIE channles.... 1000 times better as movies audio and pic quality..shows newer big movies with 5.1 audio and crisp pic quality! thats only channel till now after HDMOVIES made me happy getting it !

I'm rather impressed with EPIX. They are showing "Iron Man" on Friday. And they have a pretty nice selection of movies that haven't made it to the other premium movie channels. Also nice to have G4, NGW and HI. Also, it's nice to see an HD channel Finally bringing us the correct aspect Ratio. EPIX does not zoom the picture in to fill a widescreen tv.

ya cloudy..
i even like the EPIX more them SHOWTIME & HBO,they DONT PLAYS GOOD MOVIES LIKE USED TO BE..most the same old movies is playing for months,but EPIX plays alots better big movies & newer..!! i just hope and finger cross this EPIX dont sell out to some company so we gonna end up having problem like we have with UNIVERSAL & MGM
full of commercial & B.S movies or series, I blocked those channels!

3 studios

ya cloudy..
i even like the EPIX more them SHOWTIME & HBO,they DONT PLAYS GOOD MOVIES LIKE USED TO BE..most the same old movies is playing for months,but EPIX plays alots better big movies & newer..!! i just hope and finger cross this EPIX dont sell out to some company so we gonna end up having problem like we have with UNIVERSAL & MGM
full of commercial & B.S movies or series, I blocked those channels!

So do you realize who EPIX really is? It's Paramount, Lionsgate, & MGM studios. They are using EPIX to hit the online & now the sat/cable markets directly.

Thanks wacthhel1
I guess my point is just don’t wanna good channel like EPIX turn to waste, like that MGM AND UNIVERSAL have to block it or lost interest!
I just don’t understand why people wanna watch movies in their little 19 or 22 inch monitor or cell phones .....For example like me I can watch movies, with my projector and screen size of 138” or my 65” TV either way with huge surround sound go with it!. Instead in that little screen/monitor on desk & sitting on swirl chair infront of it, just don’t make any sense to me!

I have found a number of good movies on MGM. The commercials during the movie are short, less than 2 min. My gripe is the commercials between movies that are counted as part of the running time in the guide, up to 20 min or more, to round out the hour(s).

My gripe is also with the Dish 722 that on the nightly reset disables the timer setting you have changed. For example, you pick a show and then go back and adjust the timer to cut off the trailing ads. Comes 3AM or whatever and it sets it back to the original record time and records that much even though going into the timer you find your adjustments.

More and more I'm finding the Platinum more attractive than the Premium movies.
My only use for Universal was to record the first 3 seasons of Northern Exposure, yet to be seen, but they stopped that.
-Ken

can't get 129 sucks

I got tired of talking to people from India and continually doing a check switch per their suggestions. They kept telling me that 61.5 and 129 were identical and that I would receive them eventually. I hung up and finally called back and asked for advanced technical support. They're coming out Thursday to switch my 61.5 to 129 for free. The installers called today and said they would try to put up one dish that will pick up everything, but if that can't be done they just modify the 61.5 dish.

what did they end up doing, I have one dish pointed at 110/119 and one at 65.1, because of all the trees in my neighborhood, i cant get 129. can they point the 65.1 to both 65.1 and 72.1???

I got an installer coming out Saturday, and hopping he know what going on, since the last installer took 5 hours to install on dish and then found out the trees where in the way to get 129 then he had to install another dish to get 65.1. He didn't even have to run wires everything was ready just need to install the dish on the roof and run a 10 foot wire to the box i had all ready for him with my two receivers i had already when we moved in.

what did they end up doing, I have one dish pointed at 110/119 and one at 65.1, because of all the trees in my neighborhood, i cant get 129. can they point the 65.1 to both 65.1 and 72.1???

That's what I have. One Dish500 at 110/119 and one Dish500 at 61.5/72.7.

That's what I have. One Dish500 at 110/119 and one Dish500 at 61.5/72.7.

I just had the guy come out today and moved my dish on my roof to a different spot. He was telling me that he could point the 500 from the 61.5 to both 61.5 and 72.7, but they are planning on shutting down sat 61.5 with in the next year, so they would still have to come out and fix it again, so he just got me hooked up with 110/119/129.

Sounds like he was misinformed & he didn't want to do a eastern arch install or he had a 1000.2 sat dish he wanted to install instead. They are planning on replacing one of the satellites at 61.5 come July I believe. They won't be shutting down anything except maybe move hd to 72.7 sat from 61.5.

It's true

I just had the guy come out today and moved my dish on my roof to a different spot. He was telling me that he could point the 500 from the 61.5 to both 61.5 and 72.7, but they are planning on shutting down sat 61.5 with in the next year, so they would still have to come out and fix it again, so he just got me hooked up with 110/119/129.

Of course they are shutting down a sat at 61.5 right after they turn the replacement for it on. That's why E* is working so hard to make sure W has 1000.2 dishes & 1000.4 dishes for E. Guy was full of it. Do you still have your locals off sat?

Of course they are shutting down a sat at 61.5 right after they turn the replacement for it on. That's why E* is working so hard to make sure W has 1000.2 dishes & 1000.4 dishes for E. Guy was full of it. Do you still have your locals off sat?

Have my locals better now, they kept going out every half hour to fourty-five minuts with the 61.5 sat, since they are on 129 they have never gone out yet today. I'm happy about that now, and also i got all the new HD channels now since they are not on the 61.5.

so he could have just switch the 500 that was pointed at 61.5, and put a 1000.4 and point it to 61.5/71.5/77, and the other 500 at 110/119 that would have solved the whole problem. Wish i would have known that this morning when he was here, i would have had him do that, but at least i'm down to one dish on my roof again, until the neighbors trees grow some more. At lease he left the footings where the other dishes were, when they come out again when the tree is in the way of the single again, i just have them move it back and do that set up.

Live and learn.

Last edited:
I had a 1000 dish (110/119/129) installed a while back when they brought me my 722. I made the installer keep 61.5 and I covered 129 with tin-foil because of signal. With the advent of new channels just uncovered 129 to see what popped up-

380 EPIX1
365/379 RETRO
363/378 INDIE
375 SHRTS

I have ye ole HD Only Pkg. Are any of these just free preview, or are they permanent for me? Thanks

ps. I also got a mailer saying my equip needed upgrading, bla, bla... just needed to peel back the tin-foil :)

Nice to see all the new HD channels up. They all look pretty good except....

TCM HD picture quality is blurry and the white level is blooming, it is a worse picture than TCM SD.

Sent a note to Dish Tech. and they said check my connections and make sure my menu selection was on HD. Guess they don't understand that all the other HD is fine, just TCM HD is poor. Maybe my cable between the receiver and the TV is selective and only lowers the signal quality for one channel. Ha Ha

Anyone else notice the poor quality of TCM HD?

BobC

A Field Supervisor came out to my house and I was able to show him first hand the PQ issues that I have been filing tickets with DISH, and getting the same response as you did. All my connection are just fine. The industrial HDMI 1.3b cable that I got before DISH ever showed up, blew away the Tech. He freaked saying that he'd never seen a cable like that and was so glad that I knew what I was doing, which would make his job easier. Then weeks later I stumbled on the dynamic difference with local channels, during a conversion soft test, and I wanted to see if and how well my new DLP could get the new broadcasts. I was severely surprised at the incredible difference and the Field Super was amazed and thanked me for the opportunity to see what he admitted to of many complaints that have been blatantly ignored by DISH.

So DISH's reply to you is just like the ones I have gotten and again they are blowing us off making it "our" problem before looking at it as theirs. There is a problem and it is theirs.

Here, as with the EPG, an "uprising" is about the only way any results, if any, are going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts