New HD Channels Expected Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Just spent 60 minutes on the with support to find out why I'm not receiving any new channels.

Conclusion: I need new sat dish setup.

I was afraid of that..

Currently on 110, 119, 61.5. She said it would cost me $100 to get new dish.

$15 if you have DHPP or you can wait till they offer it for free. They have started doing this for some but not all.

All the channels are showing up for me.. gotta wait till the update tonight before it will show all the programming beyond 8pm without running a checkswitch.

Ok I lurk around here from time to time and enjoy what you all have to say. Finally saw something I had to comment on with this deal with Dish claiming 200 HD channels is a joke. I mean they add 8 HD channels and go from 140 to 200?

http://www.dish-television.com/2010/04/19/dish-network-200-hd-channels/

What is up with that?
all companies claim HD PPV channels in theyre HD count, same as Directv or Cable or anyone else. When you do the math and add up the premiums, nationals, ppv, and sports ticket HD channels you get like 201 I believe.

If you have two dishes, one pointed at 61.5° and the other at 110°/119° moving the 61.5° dish is EASY---time consuming, but easy... This is coming from a man who is all thumbs and had never touched a dish until a month ago. The hardest part really is making sure you have a clear line of site to 129°.

I repointed my dish to 129° at home, had to move it back to 61.5° because of trees in the way (LEAVES came out and killed all the signal). I moved the dish to the other side of the house next to the dish pointing at 110/119 and had it pointed in about 3 hours including a trip to the hardware store for masonry screws and masonry drill bit (dish was installed in wood before, now on brick.

I also went to a friend's house who was having the same issue, and took all of 5 minutes to reaim his dish.

From http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=202933&highlight=Reaim+61.5%B0
Written by DigiBlur

digiblur said:
Ok... let me break this down for all of you.

First of all you have a Dish 500 pointed at 110/119. We will not be touching this dish.

1. Go to DishPointer.com, change it to satellite view, search for your address and move the marker to your house. Zoom in as close as you can. Change the satellite to 129 in the drop down. This will give you an idea of where to point the dish in relation to other things in your yard. You can also get the elevation of the dish from this page.

2. Now time to do the fun part. Grab a 7/16's wrench and permanent marker. Go to your 61.5 dish and draw a vertical line on the pole where the dish meets the pole. Start your line on the dish mount and end on the pole. This will help you put the dish back if you can't find 129. Also mark the elevation bolt.

3. Go to your satellite receiver, press Menu 6 1 1 for the Point Dish screen. Change it to 61.5 and Transponder 27 (transponder 27 is also active with HD on 129 at this time). Make sure you have a locked signal (you should as you were watching HD fine before right?).

4. Now you'll either need someone to watch the signal screen or drag a TV out to the dish. Which ever way you choose or come up with is fine, as long as you have access to the signal numbers at the dish.

5. Now loosen the bolts on the dish to move it side to side. Set the elevation at the angle Dishpointer.com told you.

6. Move the dish into the area where Dishpointer showed you.

7. Now slowly move the dish side to side as you watch the signal...slow slight adjustments is key! If you don't find the signal move the elevation a bit and swing it back and forth again. Keep trying each elevation until you find the 129 signal.

8. Now tweak the signal to the highest as possible. The signal will show Wrong Satellite of 129, that is perfectly fine. We will fix that. Just make sure it says 129 and not 110 or 119.

9. Now hit check switch. After the checks, you should now have 110/119/129 on your receiver.

10. Don't forget to tighten all the bolts down.

Looking to go to an Ea for the new hd...

My question is will I lose any hd channels if i make the switch???...im in the charlotte, nc area

I have 250 hd +plat hbo/showtime/max...charlotte locals

622 and 211 receivers...

Looking to go to an Ea for the new hd...

My question is will I lose any hd channels if i make the switch???...im in the charlotte, nc area

I have 250 hd +plat hbo/showtime/max...charlotte locals

622 and 211 receivers...

Eastern Arc should be your ticket for Charlotte (assuming your receivers are MPEG-4, which I think they are). All HD channels are supposed to be on both arcs in some way, shape or form.

115/9428 Style
121/9525 History International
132/9523 TCM
190/9445 National Geographic Wild
191/9408 G4
202/9524 Headline News

375 Shorts HD
380 EPIX

Of course if you are still part of the "minority" of dish subs that are not on an "arc" or have a dish farm on their roof it is moot. I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and pay the $15.00 to get upgraded to an ea dish so I can get all the channels I am paying for. It's not the $15.00 either it's the principal.....

Ross

I got tired of talking to people from India and continually doing a check switch per their suggestions. They kept telling me that 61.5 and 129 were identical and that I would receive them eventually. I hung up and finally called back and asked for advanced technical support. They're coming out Thursday to switch my 61.5 to 129 for free. The installers called today and said they would try to put up one dish that will pick up everything, but if that can't be done they just modify the 61.5 dish.

It was made in 1986 and may never have had DD 5.1.

Exactly... AFAIK MGM is the only HD channel that does OAR with stereo sound.

Epix likes to use the EX flag on their promos to matrix the rear surrounds a la MTV, Fox News (why?), F/X, CBS and Encore. It's definitely not a two channel sound station.

Absolute Beginners (1986)@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkyOTMyODg4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU1NDgyMQ@@._V1._SX96_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTkyOTMyODg4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU1NDgyMQ@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX96@@AMEPARAM@@SY140

Thank you for the info.. I will have to read up and give them a call back.
What I did the last HD addition was I went on Dish's Facebook page and wrote how I was disappointed that Dish is adding channels that I pay for and have the gall to ask me to pay again to upgrade to the Eastern Arc. I guess I'll answer the door the next time FIOS knocks. They contacted me and had everything up and running for free immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts